3UR Engine Sensor replacement, Preventive maintenance and refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KRR

Threads
Hello all,

I have about 95k Miles on a 08 LX570. I'm planning on doing preventive maintenance and refresh of the car to keep it in its best condition. Based on experience of members here, Is it necessary to replace sensors in the engine such as:
1. MAF Sensor
2. 02 Sensor (upstream)
3. .....?

Any other sensors other than the above and coils that needs to be replaced to keep it running like new? Many thanks..

Not a sensor but do the PCV valve and consider spark plugs, go OEM for both. The rest are fine unless having issues.

Not a sensor but do the PCV valve and consider spark plugs, go OEM for both. The rest are fine unless having issues.
Yup. Did the plugs already and the PCV valve is one of the to-do list. I'm used to European cars like BMW that needs early replacement of sensors, that's why I thought it would be best to do so. I guess not then..?

Yup. Did the plugs already and the PCV valve is one of the to-do list. I'm used to European cars like BMW that needs early replacement of sensors, that's why I thought it would be best to do so. I guess not then..?
Lots of us are running around with close to or over 200k miles with no apparent issues, so it seems safe to say PM on these parts isn’t necessary.

Radiator and the stuff mentioned above? Yes

I believe the coolant is supposed to be replaced around 120..

What @bloc said +

Serp Belt, idler pulley, and tensioner, along with rad and water pump and your 3ur is basically new again and ready for another 100k.

What @bloc said +

Serp Belt, idler pulley, and tensioner, along with rad and water pump and your 3ur is basically new again and ready for another 100k.
Yes, got that done already. I was thinking that maybe by changing out old sensors might improve engine performance?

Yes, got that done already. I was thinking that maybe by changing out old sensors might improve engine performance?

Im the wrong person to ask but unless you have some known intake fouling your MAF should be just fine.
As far as the other sensors, i dont think any PM is necessary. They will throw codes before truly going, and they dont tend to go.

The evap system may be the only thing that could be PMed, but im not knowledgable enough on that to give you any recommendation.
Not known to clog unless you overfill a lot, and people only seem to have things go south at higher altitudes. NPI

Not known to clog unless you overfill a lot, and people only seem to have things go south at higher altitudes. NPI
Very steep angles when off-roading effectively does the same thing as overfilling, so places like Moab can trigger codes and possible part replacement as well. Some people only run a half tank max out there to avoid charcoal canister fouling.

Hello all,

I have about 95k Miles on a 08 LX570. I'm planning on doing preventive maintenance and refresh of the car to keep it in its best condition. Based on experience of members here, Is it necessary to replace sensors in the engine such as:
1. MAF Sensor
2. 02 Sensor (upstream)
3. .....?

Any other sensors other than the above and coils that needs to be replaced to keep it running like new? Many thanks..
MAF Sensor and O2 may be unnecessary to change it preemptively as they dont stop your engine from running. (AFAIK)
They will show up codes and you can replace them once you are back home or to your fav. shop.
Its easier and more benificial to clean MAF sensor and the trottle body than to replace a working sensor, which may not get you any benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom