3rzfe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody,

I own a rzj90 with 3rzfe. It has 90,000 miles and I've never cleaned fuel injector nozzles nor calibrated the valves. The truck is working perfect but i'd like to know how often do I've to do that and also the procedure and where can I find the manuaL to do that.

I already posted this thread on the 90's series forum but i know that there are plenty of MUD members that owns Tacomas with such engine

Thanks

Alvaro

@whitestripe I do change the fuel filter every 25,000 miles

Any repair manual (like Haynes) will have the procedure for CHECKING the valve clearances. If they are in spec, then there is nothing to do. If one or more EXHAUST valves are too tight, then they should be adjusted (difficult to do, even with the special tool).
Good luck

thank you. is it possible, by any chance, to find a pdf original manual on the net for free?

I have a 3rz in my Tacoma. I checked valve clearance at 60k miles per the manual. I ended up adjusting I think 15 of the 16 valves. Some of those adjustments were just to center the gap in the range. Having said that guys claim 200K+ without ever ever touching the valves which I believe. It's all up to you and how meticulous you are about maintenance. I'll check again at 120k but I bet they're still in spec.

Eric

I have a 3rz in my Tacoma. I checked valve clearance at 60k miles per the manual. I ended up adjusting I think 15 of the 16 valves. Some of those adjustments were just to center the gap in the range. Having said that guys claim 200K+ without ever ever touching the valves which I believe. It's all up to you and how meticulous you are about maintenance. I'll check again at 120k but I bet they're still in spec.

Eric

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom