3rd Shifter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My stepson has just bought his first car and it is a 78 fj40. We are both new to the fj. We are getting ready to do a frame off and before we start I have a ?. I drove it home and it runs great. I just wondered if someone could tell me what the 3rd shifter was for. I was thinking a overdrive but not sure.
P5221293.jpg
P5221294.jpg

Fairey Overdrive I believe.....if you leave it in there your stepson will start to crave Liza Minnelli and act like Richard Simmons.

Thanks for the fast reponse, I would say something about the other but I want him to read all the post I write.

My stepson has just bought his first car and it is a 78 fj40. We are both new to the fj. We are getting ready to do a frame off and before we start I have a ?. I drove it home and it runs great. I just wondered if someone could tell me what the 3rd shifter was for. I was thinking a overdrive but not sure.

If the truck runs well I would enjoy driving it for 6 months to a year while you both spend hours of time here learning about your new purchase. Trust me that you will want those driving memories once you start the frame off process and you start feeling like this. :bang:

if the truck runs well i would enjoy driving it for 6 months to a year while you both spend hours of time here learning about your new purchase. Trust me that you will want those driving memories once you start the frame off process and you start feeling like this. :bang:

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom