3rd row seating in VX LTD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if there are third row seats in these things?? I have a 1991 VX LTD and would love to track down the 3rd row seats if they exist?? let me know, and thanks for your time!!

They certainly exist and it is just a matter of tracking some down. Quite a few owners dont want them ,so they sell them off.

diesel tech? gonna move it to JDM section...

I have yet to see a single JDM 80 series with third row seats.
You will need to find a set out of a US 80 and swap em in. You will need the sheetmetal bracket from the wheel well as well as the seats etc.

i have seen third row seating in a couple gasser JDM units in Japan... i guess they figure if you can afford to run on gas you can afford more than 3 kids...

I've seen them at sor.com . not sure about price, but I agree, they would be nice to have for.....

Holy thread resurrection (Well... sort of...).

I've just stumbled across this section today, so bear with me.:D

The only JDM80's that had the 3rd-row seats were the wagon/gasoline models. So unless the PO ordered from Toyota the 3rd-row seats put in when ordering new they didn't come with them. I have only seen maybe two HDJ's with them in. It's VERY rare indeed.

It's not exactly just get the seats, seat belts, and the brckets and slap them in/on there to install them.

You would have to cut four holes in the floor, put/weld the hook thingys to hook the seats onto the floor with, weld the bottom of the said holes, buy the inner tire fenderwells (both sides) and cut the brackets that the seats attach to (where it folds) and weld them to the existing fenderwells, attach the seatbelt pieces (holes and stuff are pretty much there like for the 2nd row 3 pt seatbelts), and you're done!:D

Before I looked into it seriously I thought I would have my son's soccer buddy's father who owns a body shop put them in, but as you can see in the pics it's a little more involving than just shoving them in there.;)

Anyway, I'm sure as with just about everything, you can fab something up w/o using OEM parts, but I'd like to stay as close to OEM as possible when it comes to this kind of thing (Don't ask me what exactly "this" kind of thing is:D)

I'm hoping that I can con the shop owner guy to install the seats sometime over the winter holidays (I have asked him to go ahead and order the fenderwells and the hooks, etc...) Don't hold your breath though.:hillbilly:

Pic 1: My rig with the matching 3rd-row seats that I picked up on auction.

Pic 2: Right side

Pic 3: Left side

I probably should wait until posting these pics, but ...
PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg

Pic 1: Filthy cargo area with navigation unit

Pic 2: Pic of the back of a wagon/gasoline with the 3rd-row seats which conveniently just happened to be at the shop when I was visiting.;)

Pic 3: What the floor looks like.

PICT0004b.jpg
PICT0005b.jpg
PICT0006b.jpg

Pic 1: Front bracket

Pic 2: Seat belt

Pic 3: Floor
PICT0007b.jpg
PICT0008b.jpg
PICT0009b.jpg

Pic 1: The back part attaching to the floor

Pic 2: Check out the rear ac vent/tube! :D

Pic 3: OK, tryhing to take away the carpet now.
PICT0010b.jpg
PICT0012b.jpg
PICT0013b.jpg

Pic 1: Continuing with the procedure

Pic 2: Sub exposed
Actually, this gave me a great opportunity to disconnect the awesome factory sub that had been ripped and rattling forever.

Pic 3: Sheet metal finally exposed

PICT0014b.jpg
PICT0015b.jpg
PICT0016b.jpg

Pic 1: What it looks like

Pic 2: What it "should" look like. :crybaby:

Pic 3: Close-up of the brackets necessary to make it happen.

PICT0017b.jpg
PICT0018b.jpg
PICT0020b.jpg

Anyway, hope you get the jist of what needs to happen if one wants to put the OEM 3rd-row seats in an HDJ.

I would love to see someone coming up with simpler/less costly solutions though.

I'll try to let you know how my endeavor turns out, hopefully in the near future!

Mot :)

P.S. BTW, that was not me with those slick-looking pants in the pics.:flipoff2:

KUP,.... i have the third row of seating out of my truck right now.... if the price was right i might be open to getting rid of them.

tan leather.

Colin

To be honest, I never got around to finish installing the 3rd-row seats (got the brackets and the bolts installed, but never done anything with the floor (strikers, etc...)) and almost wish that I woulda left it alone and kept my camping/sleeping kit instead. :doh:

Live and learn, I guess...

That said, GOOD LUCK!!! (I think it's been done "jcolbin"(sp) in Canada has done it with his old rig and said that it was relatively easy/straight forward, fwiw!

Is there a ready indentatio at the floor to take the strikers? Or do you need to cut a hole on the floor?! I do not want to do that for sure.

What im trying to say is that if there is an indentation when you remove the plastic covers to install the bar for the strikers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom