3rd row seat bracket plastic ring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tubalubb

what do you mean by "put it back together"?
Threads
I have a brand new issue with my third row seat. The bracket on the wheel well that the 3rd row seat locks onto has a plastic ring that may or may not come from the factory in two pieces, I can't tell but mines in two pieces now. My seat won't latch down now that this ring has come apart. I'm not terribly familiar with these seats so I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or can rec a simple fix.
Any assistance appreciated.
Tub

I just noticed this piece a few days ago when it fell out as I was installing the seat. My recollection is that this is ONE piece, U-shaped.

I don't know the best way to repair it or if it is an order able part, but interested to hear what you find out

Had the same problem, broke that little piece into two. The seat has been sitting in the garage for a while now because of it so I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread for answers

Mine fell off a few days ago when I took it out to replace the carpet. I didn't know where it went until reinstall. It has adhesive on it but I'm surprised at the design. The seat won't clamp without the piece. The piece compresses when latched. I think it's a matter of lining it up correctly and not letting it move out of position. I didn't have a chance to fix it today. Ill fix it tomorrow if I can with the existing ring and will also take photos and reply back. The boys use these seats so it needs to clamp down!

Ok so I finally had some time this evening to pull the seat and see what the deal was. Here are some photos and conclusions I've come to.

First, the plastic half ring bushing seems to be both necessary and unnecessary at the same time. It isn't critical for the chair design to lock but because it is in the design the tolerances of the space make it absolutely necessary. Hope that is clearer than mud.
Here is a locked 3rd row chair with pencil pointing to the front bushing.
image.jpg

Without the bushing in place the chair will not clamp down.

I went to pull mine and at first thought I had three pieces missing a fourth but came to realize I had two halves of one and a slightly damaged other one.

Top (glues to chair bottom), note ridge on upper left piece.
image.jpg

Bottom rests/squeezes against chair rail on wheel well.
image.jpg

I must have split the one when wrestling with it a few days ago.

Below is the bottom of the chair and the two semi-circle slots (front and rear) the bushings glue into.
image.jpg

Closer look below, note the receiving grooves for the aforementioned ridges we noted in the bushing photo.
image.jpg

I'm not sure how much flex if any these plastic bushings are exposed to. I think/hope the loose adhesive caused them to shift and ended up causing the damage. I plan to superglue them back together and then back to the chair and see if that will rectify the issue for good or not. More when the glue dries.
Tub

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Please let us know how the superglue route works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom