3rd Row Seat Belt Bolt Stuck '04 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, aspiring wrencher here. I couldn't quite find info on this topic. I'm trying to remove the 3rd row seat belt bolt on the driver side to replace the rear speaker cone (mark levinson system). Everything going fine until the seat belt bolt. I'm using a 14mm socket which fit snugly, but the bolt is stuck about halfway out. Now it won't come out or go back in--can't move it either way. I know these bolts are specific to the belts. Anyone have a similar experience or ideas how to get this bolt moving again? Thanks in advance.

I'm a new 100 owner and I'm loving it so far. They're as good as you all say they are.

I have this same problem. Tried on the right side too and it has the same thing happen. I’m almost ready to cut the heads off

Bottom of the bolt is probably rusty. I believe you can see the bottom of the bolt from under the vehicle/wheel well, it's been a while since I had them out.

Reactions: Kav
Bottom of the bolt is probably rusty. I believe you can see the bottom of the bolt from under the vehicle/wheel well, it's been a while since I had them out.

I had one side off recently on my ‘04 when I pulled the subwoofer assembly. The bottoms showed a little corrosion, but it didn’t slow me down because I was using a cordless impact driver. Give one a try to get those big tough bolts out.

Hope you didn’t cut the heads off, that seems it would make it harder...

I had the same problem when I also replaced the speake cone for the sub. I just put a long metal pipe over the ratchet to get more leverage. Still had to put all my weight into it, but it slowly came out.

i had to go in and out quite a few times to remove mine with a cordless impact but it eventually unfroze

Well I hate to resurrect a dead thread but this happened to me this morning. Was going to install the sub repair kit I've had for over a year and the bolt got stuck.

What do I do? Grab the corded impact to give it the balls. Well gave it a bit to much and it jumped and tore the crap out of my head on the bolt.

Tried a ratchet again and it took a good amount of torque but eventually couldn't hold on to the bolt and she still wouldn't move.

Any ideas?

20220908_112140.jpg

Well I hate to resurrect a dead thread but this happened to me this morning. Was going to install the sub repair kit I've had for over a year and the bolt got stuck.

What do I do? Grab the corded impact to give it the balls. Well gave it a bit to much and it jumped and tore the crap out of my head on the bolt.

Tried a ratchet again and it took a good amount of torque but eventually couldn't hold on to the bolt and she still wouldn't move.

Any ideas?

View attachment 3109235
Oof that stinks. I hope you’ve gotten it out by now. If not, I’d soak it several times over a few days with pb blaster or your preferred penetrating oil. Perhaps from below if accessible. Then try your luck with a QUALITY (read: not harbor freight) stripped bolt removal socket with a long ratchet/breaker bar for leverage.

Oof that stinks. I hope you’ve gotten it out by now. If not, I’d soak it several times over a few days with pb blaster or your preferred penetrating oil. Perhaps from below if accessible. Then try your luck with a QUALITY (read: not harbor freight) stripped bolt removal socket with a long ratchet/breaker bar for leverage.
Agreed. Even a high quality socket might get enough bite if you tap it on with a hammer. And if that doesn't work then weld on a nut.

The seatbelt bolt should be a particular SAE size per FMVSS. That might've been the cause of the Oof.

Ended up getting it out but it was quiet the journey haha. Borrowed a friends lower powered battery impact and it couldn't get it out. Tried using mine again with some of those stripped bolt removers. Destroyed those (more expensive ones and an impact gun with more control probably would have worked).
Ended up using an air chisel to get it out. which was deafly loud in the garage.

Rust is not nearly as wild of some photos I have seen on here, but it makes doing anything a PIA sometimes with the little amount I have around all the bolts.

Ended up getting it out but it was quiet the journey haha. Borrowed a friends lower powered battery impact and it couldn't get it out. Tried using mine again with some of those stripped bolt removers. Destroyed those (more expensive ones and an impact gun with more control probably would have worked).
Ended up using an air chisel to get it out. which was deafly loud in the garage.

Rust is not nearly as wild of some photos I have seen on here, but it makes doing anything a PIA sometimes with the little amount I have around all the bolts.
All that matters is that you’ve emerged victorious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom