3rd Row Interior Cargo Basket / Rack Vendor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
4x4 labs offers the below and they look great. I believe Hanna was the first but they appear NLA. Any other vendors offering similar?

C246D2F5-4333-447F-8361-90DFED9FD731.jpeg

Moj, you can email Ken he might do it
If not, I originally designed the 4x4L ones and have the prototype. It’s solid and uses the OEM mounting bracket - totally bolt in. Not pretty but I’ll sell them for a lot less. Lmk

Reactions: MoJ
I like the idea, but I use that left side pocket.

I just got a DS 4X4 Labs rear cargo rack, and I can attest that it's stout. I got mine without the mesh shown in the pic above, to make running straps through it easier. I was a little irritated that the feet didn't *exactly* line up with the bolt holes, and Luke suggested I just align them with a pry bar. In my view, it should be dialed and line up correctly right out of the box - for $300. But, I got it installed and it's a good piece of gear. The side storage cubby is still available, though it's pretty tricky to get the cover off and on. All said, I'm glad I got it and I'm happy with it.

Final note - the way 4X4 Labs makes the rack, the vertical support between the two main tubes that run around the cargo area is different front versus rear. The front piece says 4X4 Labs in it and looks cool - but it is wider than the rear vertical piece. I wish I had asked Luke to make the front the same as the rear, because for my purpose I would like to have a narrower piece in the front. The use I have in mind is the Front Runner jerry can which has a recessed water spigot. The wider front support in the cargo rack will prevent me from using that jerry can's integrated spigot as I would like. I'll figure out a work-around, but if I had it to do over again, I would have asked Luke to put the rear piece in the front.

Just my two cents.

These are great, I have a set of Hanna‘s original in one of my 80’s, with a platform drawer system built around it, they are pretty handy and you have access to the inner panels that are standard in an 80.

Like everything that Hanna designed and built the quality is top shelf!

A couple of notes if someone is considering another slight build update:

• The addition of the wire grates on the later iterations are a good add to keep small items contained, I wish mine had those. A great option would be a set of zipped canvas bags constructed to fit the contour to hold recovery tools, etc. that many of us have in our rigs as permanent cargo. There may be some that fit, I just haven’t spent that much time looking.

• If I were redesigning them today I would also make a slightly wider option, large enough to accommodate a standard tool box or one of the handy Yeti or cheaper alternative gear boxes. As I recall they were initially designed for the width water/fuel cans and to line up with the fender well edge.
Just a few thoughts, here are a some pics of my set up.

655F8E3A-6792-4645-9AAF-5D1D8CA9DB67.jpeg

469B66C7-41D7-4065-BA8E-4EA86712666D.jpeg

D3290D7A-E48D-44A2-AD5E-67911D9BB4A3.jpeg

A1307E5C-5CBE-47EF-A248-0E307CBF8765.jpeg

@desmocruiser i use Mountainsmith storage cubes w my HQ racks. They fit, dimensions similar to a Jerry can and can store a lot of soft gear/ straps and whatnot

They also have a clear label pocket on top
I got a set of 6 on sale years ago. Durable good bags

@desmocruiser i use Mountainsmith storage cubes w my HQ racks. They fit, dimensions similar to a Jerry can and can store a lot of soft gear/ straps and whatnot

They also have a clear label pocket on top
I got a set of 6 on sale years ago. Durable good bags

Thank You! I will check them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom