3rd row and tailgate wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for the part number for the connectors for the wiring harness that connects to the tailgate and 3rd row seats. As you can see from the photos, mine is corroded and a few of the terminals have broken off. I am debating just running separate connectors for the broken terminals if it comes to that, but ideally, I'd like to just swap out the connectors or even just the pigtails. I tried some deoxit on the connectors without success. I'm in a bit of a jam now because I can't get the back lift gate open after I cleaned them. Good news is that I left the interior panel off for access.

What recommendations do y'all have?
IMG_6707.jpg
IMG_6702.jpg
IMG_6706.jpg

Ouch, that connector isnt sealed, so it shouldn’t get wet. Do you know how it did? Because you’ll want to prevent it from happening again. Finding factory connectors is hit and miss at best. If it were me, I spend a little lime trying to find replacements, but not much. Then I’d replace both sides with another similar connector ( I see at least two of them are damaged )

Have the terminals broken off, or were there no terminals to begin with in those locations? Corrosion like that is usually too late for DeoxIT. Try dielectric grease before you give up. If you do have to replace the harness, hopefully a site like Lexuspartsnow will have diagrams.

Some of the terminals were already damaged, and a few were very brittle. I could not find the connectors, so I ended up making my own. For the larger gauge wires I used Molex connectors and for the 26 awg wires I used Molex Mini-Fit Jr connectors. I bought the crimping tool and it worked great. It was very tedious as I went wire by wire to make sure I had made the right connections. The single white wire was already broken before I started and I began with fixing it, which did not solve any of my issues.

I was able to solve the issue with the third row seats, however my tailgate still will not open unless the engine is running. I am still not sure where to look next for that issue.
IMG_6748.jpg
IMG_6749.jpg

Ouch, that connector isnt sealed, so it shouldn’t get wet. Do you know how it did? Because you’ll want to prevent it from happening again. Finding factory connectors is hit and miss at best. If it were me, I spend a little lime trying to find replacements, but not much. Then I’d replace both sides with another similar connector ( I see at least two of them are damaged )

I am not sure how it got wet. The prior owner traveled from NJ to SC quite a bit and I also noticed some rust on the seat mounts for the third row in that area. Since I took ownership, I have not noticed any wet carpet in that area, but I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Yep that’s pretty much how I would have done it. Looks like maybe a universal mate n loc connector in there too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom