3rd row 80 seats in an FJ 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone successfully replaced their one-piece backseat of an FJ 60 with 3rd row bucket seats from an fj80?

Pics would be awesome if you have 'em.

I've searched the 60 tech section with keywords 'backseat', 'replace seats', etc and found nothing. If there is a thread out there, point it out and I'll figure it out from there.

Thanks,

I have a set of those third row 80 seats I intended on using for a third row in my 62, but the fab work, particularly for the brackets, is making it look like a non-starter. To replace your second row bench is probably even more difficult. You do know there are split second row seats for 60-series, (on vehicles equipped with third row seats), but you have to get them from non-USA spec trucks. They are spendy.
2nd row 2.jpg
2nd row.jpg
3rd row up.jpg

Pretty cool, I also like the extra grab handles too. I've never even seen a set of those

Tofudebeest - Great pics and info. I had NO idea they made split seats to the alternative bench we got in the states. How much did you spend roughly on those? Both 2nd row and 3rd row? Pm me if that's okay.
You're ride looks great by the way.

Tofudebeest - Great pics and info. I had NO idea they made split seats to the alternative bench we got in the states. How much did you spend roughly on those? Both 2nd row and 3rd row? Pm me if that's okay.
You're ride looks great by the way.

Well thanks, but that ain't my truck. A dude named Mike in Miami was selling it on eBay about two years ago and a dude from Texas bought it for WELL over $20K. I'd readily sacrifice one of my testicles for that truck, especially since they're already "disconnected".

Those seats (last two items), but apparently just the 3rd row (I'd call SOR and ask to speak with Marv, and see if he's got the second row too, and if you buy them, (with the 3rd row set too), if he'll give you a break(GOOD LUCK!):
Specter Off-Road Land Cruiser Parts - Page 802 Land Cruiser Container Products

Last edited:
Oh, that red specimen was an IMMACULATE HJ60, like new (I swear, it was cleaner than new), and I think it had something like 35K miles on the clock (56,000 kms). Among the most amazing unmolested Cruisers I have ever laid eyes on. He gave me a CD with about 100 pictures on it, detailing every aspect of the truck. I would have readily licked the engine compartment it was so clean. Not a spec of dirt. FLAWLESS original paint. Easily worth $35K in my opinion.

I remember seeing them on your truck, I just thought it was a 62 feature?

Nope, but the threaded holes were already there. Poke around in your headliner (if you want to wait until mine is next to yours for guidance), that will help.

Yea, whatever. Those seats are nice but they're not $540 nice. I'll try to fab my own. Thanks for all the info and pics of that cruiser....
I have a set of those third row 80 seats I intended on using for a third row in my 62, but the fab work, particularly for the brackets, is making it look like a non-starter. To replace your second row bench is probably even more difficult. You do know there are split second row seats for 60-series, (on vehicles equipped with third row seats), but you have to get them from non-USA spec trucks. They are spendy.

High roof

I believe those rear seats fit best when on high roof(sahara model?) 60 series to allow for the extra headroom in the back. Really would be great though for extra people. I lean towards 80s form time to time because of this feature.

I do think the 3rd row seating was an option only in the high roof version. And the rear a/c only in the high roof as well (no point of rear a/c if there are no 3rd row passengers...

Yea, whatever. Those seats are nice but they're not $540 nice. I'll try to fab my own. Thanks for all the info and pics of that cruiser....

How much for the matching 2nd row seats?

If you have to buy the seats and then have someone fab them up for you. $540 would be a deal. Remember if you are starting from scratch there will be some sort of frame to make and install and these flip up out of the way. I don't have the money to do it, especially for some thing that would be a novelty for me.

Just sayin.

Last summer some time I looked at a 60 for sale in Colorado that had a set of 80 series third row seats installed in a FJ 60. It was very well done and the flip and fold feature was retained. Addicted Off Road was who was selling it. He may have pics of I don't know.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom