3rd Brake Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yessir Pablo: class of '93. Ralfie has been on that truck since I bought it in 2005 in Australia. I even made a pretty good friend in Australia who was a fellow alum and waved me down on Greenhill Road to get my details. When were you at CU?

Definitely planning to attend the RS Swap Meet - have not been in years. Assuming I get the time to do a couple things to Lexie, I'll be driving her up. Be great to meet you there. Will your rig be done by then?

I bet Cruiser Dan could source one new. Short of that, try a few wreckers in Australia and see if they can send one - shipping should be fairly cheap as it can't weigh more than 2 lbs. Try "Just Wrecking Toyota" in Wingfield, South Australia. Ask for Rod and tell him you are a mate of Josh's. His number is +61 8 8359 4499. That's where I got mine and they seem to have a few at any given time as Toyota is still putting them on the new rigs too.

Thanks! I'll see if CDan pull non-US parts.

How are you running your wiring?

I was at CU Boulder from '99 to '01...

Last edited:
Thanks Ige, have you fit one on a 40? Above the rain gutter, or below?
Do you have a price?

Nah, i don't do all that safety stuff;) they're special order from me, about $55 with incoming shipping. lighthouse might carry them though, or a diesel shop up near you.

nuclearlemon said:
buffs suck kalifornia chunks
rams all the way

and to keep it tech, you could try this from trucklite

Spoken like a true Chicago native Ige :)

PabloCruise said:
Thanks! I'll see if CDan pulls non-US parts.

How are you running your wiring?

I was at CU Boulder from '99 to '01...

I was '89-'93. I ran it from the left brake light up through the hole/grommet for the licence plate light then up the pillar to the roof. I used a Toyota plug inline for taking the roof off and then I have a brake light from a '96 or so GM van which is mounted to my tail gate for when the top is off. I have the same plug on that, so I just plug it into the same female plug I use for the Toyota light on the roof.

I bet Cruiser Dan could source one new. Short of that, try a few wreckers in Australia and see if they can send one - shipping should be fairly cheap as it can't weigh more than 2 lbs. Try "Just Wrecking Toyota" in Wingfield, South Australia. Ask for Rod and tell him you are a mate of Josh's. His number is +61 8 8359 4499. That's where I got mine and they seem to have a few at any given time as Toyota is still putting them on the new rigs too.

Finally found this #, I thought it was in a PM, can't wait to give Rod a call and see if I can get me one! No can find in the US...

No word back from Rod in Oz :frown:

Any other ideas where I could source one of these things?

image-1495896464.jpg

i used a hella,stop and tail light in one
image-1495896464.jpg

What if you don't have a hardtop and want to install a 3rd brake light? Anyone?
This is what I did on my truck. The light plugs into the trailer wiring and functions as a turn signal, brake light and park light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom