3rd battery in rear quarter panel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I've searched but I can't find any examples of people doing this.

My HDJ81 has 2 batteries from the factory, they're series'd together for 24V starting, then paralleled for 12v when running. I want to keep this system - since it starts by practically breathing on the key, so both battery locations are being used, plus I want to keep the 'house' battery out of the warm engine bay.

So my question is has anyone fit an AGM deep cycle battery of some sort in the rear quarter panel? any threads or pictures would be appreciated. I think one could make up some sort of wit's end style panel and make a slim AGM fit. This would be an option but shipping to New Zealand would probably be a killer!

Cheers

N

*cough*

7EF691C0-703D-49E0-A961-BD7935FE52EF.jpeg

Oh and shipping to AUS/NZ runs about $126USD and there about 12 roaming on your side of the hemisphere :p

That's a great solution!

I've been giving a lot of thought to making that whole panel as a stand alone system. Solar power, inverter, battery, fridge, lights. Not connected to the truck's charging system or wiring. Right now its an experiment and I want to see how viable it is with my needs.

I've been giving a lot of thought to making that whole panel as a stand alone system. Solar power, inverter, battery, fridge, lights. Not connected to the truck's charging system or wiring. Right now its an experiment and I want to see how viable it is with my needs.
I've been thinking of how I could run things completely independent of my dual batteries up front. I've got 2 large solar panels to charge a rear mounted battery but I need a battery capable of powering a good sized fridge / freezer for at least a day or 2. Stand alone system would be great, of course giving ample consideration to the selection of inverter and solar power charger. I need to sell my huge dometic freezer and get something better sized. And, I probably need to pickup one of your panels. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom