3MM VACUMME LINE HOOK UP ON TOP OF DISTRIBUTOR CAP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where the hook up on the top of the distributor goes to? I have looked at hundreds of pictures and can't find one that shows the hook-up. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Does anyone know where the hook up on the top of the distributor goes to? I have looked at hundreds of pictures and can't find one that shows the hook-up. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Need to know what year. Later 40's had a vacuum evacuation system to purge ozone from the dizzy; it uses manifold vacuum to pull air out of the dizzy cap and exits to a small filter on the firewall. Helps keep your advance mechanism from rusting up (ozone is very corrosive).

it is a 1978 high altitude fj40. It is a 3mm hook up like its for a vacuum line to somewhere. It could be there to resist water intrusion into the distributor?

Need to know what year. Later 40's had a vacuum evacuation system to purge ozone from the dizzy; it uses manifold vacuum to pull air out of the dizzy cap and exits to a small filter on the firewall. Helps keep your advance mechanism from rusting up (ozone is very corrosive).
sounds like you have the answer. But where does it go to from the distributor. I do, by the way, have the larger line that goes to the firewall also. Its a 1978 FJ40. built for usa vehicle with federal carb etc. thanks

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the photo in Post #7 here, but it looks like it goes to the side of the air cleaner, up high:

sounds like you have the answer. But where does it go to from the distributor. I do, by the way, have the larger line that goes to the firewall also. Its a 1978 FJ40. built for usa vehicle with federal carb etc. thanks

It's hard to tell from the photo in Post #7 here, but it looks like it goes to the side of the air cleaner, up high:

@4Cruisers is correct; it gets pulled through a VCV and routed to the bottom of the air cleaner above the distributor. The other line to the firewall is just a fresh air supply, to replace the evacuated air purged from the distributor. Both are shown here in this simplified de-smog schematic. I will try and take a photo of my (12/79 build) Cruiser for you later today.

desmog schematic.jpg

@4Cruisers is correct; it gets pulled through a VCV and routed to the bottom of the air cleaner above the distributor. The other line to the firewall is just a fresh air supply, to replace the evacuated air purged from the distributor. Both are shown here in this simplified de-smog schematic. I will try and take a photo of my (12/79 build) Cruiser for you later today.

View attachment 2722233

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom