3M Roloc or hooknloop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For scotch brites and small sanding discs, which do you prefer; the 3M style Roloc or the hook n loop? The Rolocs seem like the price has gone up dramatically the last month.:frown:

There are a bunch of brands 3M, Standard Abrasive, Norton, Merit and private labeled generics, buy the type best supported in your area. The screw on types work best, the Velcro doesn't hold securely enough, when it flies off the arbor is damaged, costing a new one.

I prefer the screw in type, I use them with very high speed angle head air operated equip, I would not trust the velcro to hold it.

yess defnitly the roloc. i think i have used about all the different types, and the roloc just seemes to work.

ken

what would you be using it for?

sanding a wall.

I've had good luck with the 3M roloc disks as well, there are a few suppliers online that sell them for ok prices.

big fan of roloc, but a little to rich for my college student blood so I use a lot of hardware store die grinder attachments.

My vote's for the screw in roloc. I found good prices here:
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TTW296.html
and usually buy by the box of 25 and 50.

What's also neat are the radial bristle brushes to replace wire wheels. I've got them in different sizes for the die grinder and the bench grinder. No more flying wire bristles! Even found itty bitty ones for the dremel :)

Last edited:
Roloc. 0.41/per. Hook-n-loop is for wood work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom