3FE Year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 3FE from an unknown cruiser and I’m thinking of using the head to make a 2FE in my 60. These numbers are on the mid/rear of the driver’s side (intake side) of the block. I believe they are 7 1 28 making it a 1987 Jan 28? (I used my iPhone photoshopping skills on the numbers…)

Block number is earlier than any I’ve seen mentioned: 3F0155422.

Trying to figure out what year range I’ll need the ecu from if I go ahead.

1EA5D110-1E49-4230-B58B-344A9E808316.jpeg

06508624-A045-412A-BBF4-EF66632EEFD3.jpeg

@Godwin I have a complete 3FE with engine wiring harness, efi, most sensors. I believe I need the ecu, cowl harness (or make my own), main computer relay and open circuit relay? Then a pump, exhaust and some other items I’m sure.

I’m basically trying to decide my next steps: rebuild the 2F stock or rebuild it into a 3FE. Acquiring the rest of the needed parts will be the determining factor. I have an 87 FJ60.

730B5D3F-3585-4E90-AE84-A302293D4B8F.jpeg

@Godwin I have a complete 3FE with engine wiring harness, efi, most sensors. I believe I need the ecu, cowl harness (or make my own), main computer relay and open circuit relay? Then a pump, exhaust and some other items I’m sure.

I’m basically trying to decide my next steps: rebuild the 2F stock or rebuild it into a 3FE. Acquiring the rest of the needed parts will be the determining factor. I have an 87 FJ60.

View attachment 3284826

At one point I had planned on doing a 2FE in my carbed 2F and the only way that I would attempt this is to have a complete FJ62 as a parts rig, which I did. I thought about it a lot and decided to stay with the carbed 2F. I knew what I was facing because I had swapped a 3FE into our other FJ60. 3FE is a good engine in a 60, especially coupled with a manual transmission. What turned me away from doing a 2FE was the growing list of NLA 3FE parts.

If you want to do the 3FE you'll need to source those critical parts, or rebuild the 2F and keep the carb, or rebuild the 2F and go with Holley sniper. I'd do the Holley sniper over the 3FE now if I wanted an EFI F series in a Cruiser.

At one point I had planned on doing a 2FE in my carbed 2F and the only way that I would attempt this is to have a complete FJ62 as a parts rig, which I did. I thought about it a lot and decided to stay with the carbed 2F. I knew what I was facing because I had swapped a 3FE into our other FJ60. 3FE is a good engine in a 60, especially coupled with a manual transmission. What turned me away from doing a 2FE was the growing list of NLA 3FE parts.

If you want to do the 3FE you'll need to source those critical parts, or rebuild the 2F and keep the carb, or rebuild the 2F and go with Holley sniper. I'd do the Holley sniper over the 3FE now if I wanted an EFI F series in a Cruiser.
Thanks! Your posts are some of what I’ve been reading the last couple weeks. I have a sniper on my FJ40 and not opposed to that on the 60. I’m also planning on swapping in an H55. The 2FE seemed like a neat option and not terribly expensive but it does depend on those missing parts.

Thanks! Your posts are some of what I’ve been reading the last couple weeks. I have a sniper on my FJ40 and not opposed to that on the 60. I’m also planning on swapping in an H55. The 2FE seemed like a neat option and not terribly expensive but it does depend on those missing parts.

If you decide to go the 3FE route @gimme a 60 might be able to help out with the parts you need as he's swapping out a 3FE for a B.

the SOR very in-dept and wide range 2F ENGINE # production date range finder is a forever legacy monument Marve left us all ...

- i use that as the one sole stand alone example of what i have never seen or heard might possibly exist out there for our
3FE that we hold in such high regard ..

- my Vote is you go for it 2FE ! follow your dreams :D

- i would not give a even comparison to the sniper system here
, to me they are both in a unique class of there own ...

- the below , i see these once in a while , as they also seam to be seen much less these days ...:confused:

-
20140301_104852-jpg.870708

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom