3FE Vibration - What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Impressive list of fixes that you have gone through. Glad you found the source of the vibration!

These trucks are brutally simple. If you're out in the sticks and need a way to get home you can make something work, but it shouldn't be left that way.

Keep on truckin :steer:

The fix-

After replacing the "missing" bolt which turned out to be only half missing (EZ-Out to the rescue), the vibes were exactly the same.

After removing all the bolts and starting the truck there were no vibrations!

The bolts seemed to be at various torques and a few seemed a little cockeyed. One flex plate hole appeared to have been drilled a tad larger as well. I think someone had installed each bolt in one go, tightening them all the way up individually which introduced some misalignment.

I cleaned out all the threads and installed new OEM bolts with red locktite, first only starting each one while rotating the engine, then tightening till they made contact, then snug, then tightened. No vibrations anymore. I'm still getting used to taking off from a light with silky smooth 3FE power and no 1100-1300 rpm vibration!

Now to swap rear thirds with a fresher one I picked up from a local cruiserhead, and go through the front axle. Leaky knuckles and some crunchy popping noises from the trunnion bearings while turning...

Not sure if this is an appropriate way to use a thread (apologies if it's not--still new here), but @cruiserfj45, perhaps this is what's going on with my 62?

Not sure if this is an appropriate way to use a thread (apologies if it's not--still new here), but @cruiserfj45, perhaps this is what's going on with my 62?
This is a most appropriate way to use the thread, and the reason we have a forum to share ideas! What’s going on with your 62? You might start a thread relating to what you’re dealing.

This is a most appropriate way to use the thread, and the reason we have a forum to share ideas! What’s going on with your 62? You might start a thread relating to what you’re dealing.

Appreciate that, @Kleatus! Will likely start a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom