3FE upper radiator hose - Any tricks??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any tricks for getting to this dirty name?

My truck is a '92 FJ80, but FSM for this and FJ62 is the same, so figured maybe somebody with a 62 might have some input... The damned thing is tucked in tight underneath the the power steering pump, and behind/under the AC compressor... I can't figure out how to get at it, without literally pulling the AC compressor out of the truck. Seems insane that changing a radiator hose would require that, so I thought somebody might have a "trick" that I haven't figured out.

Help?

104483788_10158471315018288_5946364472640741169_n.jpg

Grrr.... That's what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks, though!

View attachment 3240634

This one yes? This is mine after I pulled the PS and AC to replace it.

Yep. That's the one.

That's so crazy to think about all the sh*t you have to pull out of there to get to it. I guess I'll set aside a weekend and get to it.

Hi, I hate doing ours. The bad thing is with two rubber hoses plus the metal pipe.which screws into the bottom every thing has to line up just right. And you need to align the clamp so you can tighten them if they leak,good luck. Still hard if you pull the ac compressor it’s mount and the power steering pump.very little space.Use Toyota hoses only in this area size matters a lot.

We successfully replaced a water pump in ours without removing the PS pump and the AC compressor - but i'm not exactly sure how. we definitely used a "stud puller" to get the studs out of the block so we could slide the water pump to the side. When we re-installed the new pump we used regular hex head bolts. Because the section of hose is so short and between two rigid connections (the water pump and the section of metal tube) I'd think you would have to be able to move either the metal hose piece or the water pump in order to remove that piece of hose. I probably should have replaced the hose while I had the water pump out but didn't. 🤷‍♂️ I'm sure that will come back to bite me.

Yeah, I replaced the water pump 15ish years ago, not long after I first bought this truck... Didn't have the foresight to swap that hose, at the time. It hasn't been changed in at least that long. For all I know, it's the same one that was put on at the factory in 1992! It is leaking a LITTLE, but so far so good.

I do have an OEM hose in hand, just need to get a helper and a free weekend to pull whatever necessary to swap the damned thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom