3fe to 3fe motor transplant question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After finding a small, but significant, piece of metal in my oil pan while chasing down a leak, I’m swapping a lower mileage (200k), well-cared for 3fe in my FJ62. A bit oil seepage up , but nothing bad. According to PO, cold compression was 157-165, had regular oil changes, valve adjustments. My question is: is it worth it to swap over my current head that 4-5 years on a rebuild, provided it still checks out, or just let sleeping dogs lie, keep the head/block sealed and just change out hoses/seals and the basics and swap it in otherwise as is? I knew the bottom end was pretty well shot up when i rebuilt the head, but couldn’t do much about it at the time.
0768A838-029C-4458-BA98-3034C0123CDC.jpeg

I did a 2f to 2f swap and opted to leave the newer engine alone since it was running well. How many miles are on that rebuilt head? If it’s still a relatively fresh rebuild and you have some patience to spare then it could be worth doing the swap along with fresh gaskets. It might be nice to see how the inside of your new engine looks too.

Rest easy too....if you don't need the old engine/top end you wont have issue selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom