3FE throttlebody cleaning - additional “while I’m there” items?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bighollowguitars.com
I am going to remove my throttlebody and clean it. I have the new gasket. Is there other maintenance that it makes sense to do once it’s off? I just adjusted the valves. Maybe have the injectors serviced?
WWYD?
Thanks
Bevan

I am going to remove my throttlebody and clean it. I have the new gasket. Is there other maintenance that it makes sense to do once it’s off? I just adjusted the valves. Maybe have the injectors serviced?
WWYD?
Thanks
Bevan
I'd buy the digital FSM from @jonheld, very first thing.
But for this task... While you're physically cleaning the TB, validate its functionality electronically: the TPS. Then check the ISC, too.

Check pages 10-13 of my rebuild thread for Jon's sage advice on diagnostics of a nonstarting 3FE.

And I'm pretty familiar with testing each sensor on the motor now, too, if you need to bounce it off somebody that just did it.

I’ll borrow a friend’s multimeter. I have the FSM, gotta say having a physical copy rocks.

I’ll borrow a friend’s multimeter. I have the FSM, gotta say having a physical copy rocks.
Jon mentioned to me that consumer-grade (the nicest way of putting it, ever) multimeters often read high on low ohms measurements. Subtract the value you get when crossing just the two leads (4 ohms in my case) from every measurement at that scale. The TPS has a few numbers in the <100 ohms range, so this will apply.

My buddy is an electrician so it’s going to be pro grade. I think it’s a fluke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom