3fe Starting issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas, looking for some guidance. My fully DE-smogged 92 is having issues. First… it sat most of the winter. The few times I ran it, it ran great. Then I tried to start it one chilly day and it fired up a died. I tried cranking it and nothing, it just cranked over and over but no start. This went on for several days and eventually i needed to Jump it. I sprayed some starting fluid in it which got it to pop but not start. So i let it sit for a few days. Then… it fired up, sat and idled like nothing was wrong. Now.. that day it was about 65F outside and a beauty of a day. I drove it to the gas station and filled it up. Drove to a friends house, shut it off, and it fired rt up an hour later. Drove it back home, parked it, and it hasn’t started since. It’s fired up once… and spit and sputtered and died. First thoughts- bad gas, vacuum lines, maybe a ground issue, failing fuel pump, etc. The Gas cap sure did have some suction too. I changed the spark plugs before it ran. They were probably only 3-5yrs old but looked rough. I read a few discussions about FPR systems but that seems like a warm starting issue. I’ll replace the cold start injector but… thats only 3-5 yrs old as well. Thoughts on where to look next?

Hey fellas, looking for some guidance. My fully DE-smogged 92 is having issues. First… it sat most of the winter. The few times I ran it, it ran great. Then I tried to start it one chilly day and it fired up a died. I tried cranking it and nothing, it just cranked over and over but no start. This went on for several days and eventually i needed to Jump it. I sprayed some starting fluid in it which got it to pop but not start. So i let it sit for a few days. Then… it fired up, sat and idled like nothing was wrong. Now.. that day it was about 65F outside and a beauty of a day. I drove it to the gas station and filled it up. Drove to a friends house, shut it off, and it fired rt up an hour later. Drove it back home, parked it, and it hasn’t started since. It’s fired up once… and spit and sputtered and died. First thoughts- bad gas, vacuum lines, maybe a ground issue, failing fuel pump, etc. The Gas cap sure did have some suction too. I changed the spark plugs before it ran. They were probably only 3-5yrs old but looked rough. I read a few discussions about FPR systems but that seems like a warm starting issue. I’ll replace the cold start injector but… thats only 3-5 yrs old as well. Thoughts on where to look next?

i bet 94.20% accurate this is your current issue going on ?

start here , check it ALL over 2 time

harness side connector especially

let me know if you need help here :) :beer:

this is a very low cost part too

the device side that is

img_4440-jpg.1346682

img_4441-jpg.1346683

4e0900ad-c439-4089-a28f-bff07aaa0cd5-jpeg.3157904

@musthave

gotta be ready when Putin makes a run for it into the Ashes of History ......... :beer: :beer: :D:D

i bet 94.20% accurate this is your current issue going on ?

start here , check it ALL over 2 time

harness side connector especially

let me know if you need help here :) :beer:

this is a very low cost part too

the device side that is

img_4440-jpg.1346682

img_4441-jpg.1346683
I’ll double check it. It was recently replaced and I have been getting a CEL which is why I hadn’t given that much thought.

I’ll double check it. It was recently replaced and I have been getting a CEL which is why I hadn’t given that much thought.

do you know how to pull ALL your Trouble Codes via the TCCS-ECU , at pin-points TE & E1 using a SST short pin ?

if not DO NOT wing it here , study the FSM hard and DO NOT deviate ...

this is a PRE-OBDI system too , or first gen. TOYOTA EFI , so use a bit of simple common sense here

like a REAL PAPER print media FSM step by steps pages in order :beer::)

NOT some jacked up ,PDF you do not know is spot on ... :mad:

THIS IS THE WAY ...

soon my pretties ....soon :poof:

final touches going on now , not the final rendering ,,,,fyi :idea:

2FFFD7A2-0C1E-4D0F-A774-7B938803144B (2) - Copy - Copy.jpeg

do you know how to pull ALL your Trouble Codes via the TCCS-ECU , at pin-points TE & E1 using a SST short pin ?

if not DO NOT wing it here , study the FSM hard and DO NOT deviate ...

this is a PRE-OBDI system too , or first gen. TOYOTA EFI , so use a bit of simple common sense here

like a REAL PAPER print media FSM step by steps pages in order :beer::)

NOT some jacked up ,PDF you do not know is spot on ... :mad:

THIS IS THE WAY ...
Yeah.. Nope. Don’t know how to do that one! I won’t go winging it. Btw, Thank you for the direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom