3FE. Should something go here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

There is something on the side of the airbox that looks like a hose should attach to it.

I'm replacing the vacuum lines and noticed it. I can't find anything that shows what should go there.

IMG_20210628_165238.jpg

Not the best drawing. Hope this helps.

There may be a diagram on the top right corner of you hood. I can't remember if it had the vcv.

Screenshot_20210628-213940_Drive.jpg

I think I remember it going to the charcoal canister. Let me know if you need a pick of mine.

I think I remember it going to the charcoal canister. Let me know if you need a pick of mine.
Can I see yours?

When I was messing around in my engine I noticed two hoses that were disconnected and I can't figure out which one goes where. And I think it might be why my car wont idle.

That's your VCV. It connects to the charcoal canister on one side, and to the intake plenum on the other. The single port goes to the vacuum line rail on the very rear of the engine block behind the valve cover.

The engine vacuum from the rail actuates the diaphragm in the VCV and allows vacuum to pull gas fumes from the tank into the plenum.

Perfect description! That's what I remember but wanted to confirm 👍

I misunderstood. I'll look at mine after my son goes to bed.

It looks like this goes from the distributer cap to the thing you pictured then to a port in the fire wall. Not sure what it is for though.

Kind of interested to see what it is.

20210630_195227.jpg

20210630_195233.jpg

20210630_195238.jpg

20210630_195252.jpg

So it's open on one end. And the other end terminates like this.

And for context, it is attached to the back of the airbox. And the end that terminates into nothing is on the passenger side firewall

View attachment 2716850

View attachment 2716855

It looks like this goes from the distributer cap to the thing you pictured then to a port in the fire wall. Not sure what it is for though.

Kind of interested to see what it is.

View attachment 2718575

View attachment 2718576

View attachment 2718577

View attachment 2718578
Thank you for the pictures! That's a big time help. Obviously I was missing that hose all together.

Thanks Johnheld. That makes perfect sense.

That little device is probably a check valve then to prevent back flow into the cabin.

That is a good design. Keeps the dizzy clear in water crossing.

Smart Toyota engineers!

Hi Marco, I think that is the diagram from the vacuum system. It took me awhile to see that OP was looking at something else. I could not find the diagram for the distributor vent assembly in my FSM. Ill keep looking...should not be too hard to find in a toyota parts diagram.

he was asking about that vacuum lines that goes into the firewall, the red line is that line...i have verified it from my truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom