3FE Rad hose clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got two sizes of rad hose clamps from Wit's End as recommended for my 3FE.
2x These clamps are 54mm ID and should be used for the larger diameter of the hose ends
4x These clamps are 50mm ID and should be used for the smaller diameter of the radiator hose ends.
All the hoses are 1.5" so why the two different sizes? Almost a whole 10 Kanukistan Kopeks each too for the big ones! Sheeesh... I must be missing something?? Right? Has anyone bought these clamps for their 3FE? If so, where did use the two big size clamps?

IMG_20200422_162727.jpg

Maybe ask the guy that sells them....

@NLXTACY

Once you pull off the tabs you will understand right away why those tabs are in place. If you compare all of the hose ends next to each other you will find two that are different size than the others. And yes, OEM clamps are not cheap :(

Once you pull off the tabs you will understand right away why those tabs are in place. If you compare all of the hose ends next to each other you will find two that are different size than the others. And yes, OEM clamps are not cheap :(

But they last for eons. And eons. And they are the correct part for the application. Which is in the end the difference that makes a difference.

He still needs an answer on WHERE the two different ones go, maybe before he installs them.

@NLXTACY @Onur Yup I'm all in for blowing the war chest on the correct parts and I have the boxes of parts and bills to prove it ;). My Toyota hoses all seem to be 1.5" ID with the 16571-61140 (upper) measuring in at 1.4" ID. The rad, t-stat and the lower hose steel union all measure in at just barely over 1.5". I am definitely missing something. Which hose connection take the bigger clamps? Is it the two rad end clamps? My 80 came with the wire type clamps (you can see the marks left after being clamped on for a few weeks) on the rad hoses but I really want the constant force type instead. Thanks guys this site is incredible.

IMG_20200422_164041.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. BTW I've found some good deals online at Olathe Toyota noticing that you are in Olathe. Small world.
Many of the folks here picked up on them when I was posting about them.

Ironically, I buy most of my stuff from McGeorge Toyota (in VA I think) online because I get a better deal to my door than I can buy locally due to taxes, shipping, timing, and discounts. I also don't have to take time from work to make arrangements to pick up the parts instead of having them dropped at my front door. Many of the parts I order literally have to come from the Toyota warehouse here in the KC area, ship to VA, then back to me. I still have my parts typically within the week no matter which location.

I like McGeorge's site better, too.

Keep ordering from Wit's End. Joey is a great guy here and will give fantastic support. He is here because of us and for us. He definitely knows where his bread is buttered, and he's damn good at it. He's developed some really great stuff for our trucks.

But where do the clamps go? @NLXTACY

@80JDM Did you ever solve which clamps go where? I'm about to do the same thing would like to use the constant tension clamps so I don't over-tighten anything.

Once again, paging @NLXTACY ...

(This is really weird, he usually comes arunnin' when we do that...)

I found all the clamps I needed from the scrapyard. VW clamps fit over the 5/8" green stripe heater hose perfectly. My two cents won't go to wits end any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom