3fe question

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by BigSur, Aug 28, 2006.

1. BigSur

BigSur

Ok, i still have this whine and i am now starting to think it has nothing to do with my fan clutch or my smog pump. I have done some reading and thinking and i think it could be a fuel issue or even a throttle body issue. Reason is this...yesterday on my way home i was going up a small hill...the truck had zero power no matter if my foot was on the accelerator or not. Just now power under load. I have also noticed a low muffled sound that sounds like it could be coming from the manifold. Would a leaky manifold cause a lack of power as well? Just trying to think of as many issues as possible.

Thoughts? This friday i am doing a compression test, setting the timing and checking for leaks.

Has anyone with a 3fe cleaned there throttle body or intake?

2. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    Possible clogged cat? Is your kick down cable properly adjusted?when you romp on the gas it should down shift.

I just got finished cleaning my intake on the 3fe. I have yet to clean the throttle body but will get there soon or later.

3. hank14

hank14

Media:
    Have you had someone look at it with you? I'm no expert, but sometimes 2 heads are better than 1. I'd be happy to look at it if you want to cruise over to Granbury sometime. PM me if interested.

4. bigbertha

bigbertha

intake

I am in the process of cleaning my entire intake down to the block. I have my injectors out as well and am just waiting for a few parts to come through to closer her up. Let me know if you have any questions. Also had my TB serviced and over-bored.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.