3FE oil type and weight... ZDDP? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thats funny because he was quoting me
you know what's funny?
OP asked a question, and I provided an answer....
I DONT see your contribution to this post other than poking fun at my answer to OP...... you started this..
I have been using Rotella T3 15W-40 diesel oil for years and my motor loves it and doesn't burn a drop @ 250k
How do you know it loves it? Does it tell you?

Don't dish out what you can't take.....

you know what's funny?
OP asked a question, and I provided an answer....
I DONT see your contribution to this post other than poking fun at my answer to OP...... you started this..

How do you know it loves it? Does it tell you?

Don't dish out what you can't take.....
and i asked a simple question. I just asked how do you know it likes it and you made a snide remark quoting me calling me a soccer mom. You could have just simply said you talk 3fe ese and ended it ;) Saying your engine loves it is not really contributing anything factual.

and i asked a simple question. I just asked how do you know it likes it and you made a snide remark quoting me calling me a soccer mom. You could have just simply said you talk 3fe ese and ended it ;) Saying your engine loves it is not really contributing anything factual.
Alright, lets just call it even then?? I am cool if you are. 3FE owners shouldn't be giving each other crap and setting bad examples..

I have been using Rotella T3 15W-40 diesel oil for years and my motor loves it and doesn't burn a drop @ 250k
Are you still using T3 or have you switched to T4? If so where are you buying this. Looking like I have to order but other places are saying T4 is better/same. Also getting this back on track.

zddp is the old technology way of lubricating 'flat tappet' engines, new oils use different tech to do the same job only better, ignore the zinc idea and just use the best synthetic oil you can afford in the thickest grade that allows for proper flow on startup in your geographical regions (or the seasons) temperature range
adding zddp can degrade or interfere with your modern oils chemical properties, (viscosity breakdown, oil film strength etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom