3FE Oil Pressure (1 Viewer)

What is your 3FE oil pressure reading usually at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
I am wondering, amoung 3FE FJ80 owners, where does your oil pressure sit at while at highway speeds with the stock gage.

High mark
upper middle mark
lower middle mark
low mark

Also, has anyone put a mechanical gage on to check the psi reading?

Last edited:
Mine runs about 62 while driving, around 42 when hot idling. My stock gauge no longer works.

Lower middle mark driving at 75. I am using the big Toyota filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30. :beer:

mine sits at the lower middle mark at idle, and more up slightly at highway speeds

My aftermarket (Nordskog) gauge reads ~57 once thoroughly warmed up & above 2000 rpms. Idle is ~40.

It's dead center on my FJ62 ... a hair higher when accelerating.

just barely enough to consider it higher than center all the time.

Mine is 3/4 the ways up when traveling highway speed and 1/4 of the way up idling.

Low mark in my fj62 gauge for my 3fe engine.

I was wrong about the position, It's actually at the lower middle mark. So disregard one vote for the lowest mark. I misinterpreted the question.

Mine is just above the lower middle (like less than the width of the line itself) and right on the line once warm. It doesn't move more than a sixteenth of an inch either way under any conditions. I don't think these gauge is very precise.

Thanks fellas for all the input. I'm in the same boat as the people with the indicator on the middle lower mark.
For the people with higher pressure I would say they have really tight tolerances or the sending unit is a touch sensative.

I'm coming off a fresh rebuild with 2800 miles so far. The engine started to develop a knock and the pressure dropped below normal, enough for my heart to go into cardiac arrest. So I towed the 80 home and dropped the pan. Low and behold I found number 3 connecting rod bearing scared up. All the rest were in good condition. Just for a safety meassure I'm also going to pull any mains I can and check their condition.

Here's a pic for detail.
bearing.JPG

6 yrs. at or tad above the lower middle mark, regular changes (dino), will fluctuate on town and hwy. driving

Just a tad above or right at 1/4, driving or idling... I have a month with the truck. Should I be concerned?

Like PFMFJ80 above, mine lives at around 1/4 of the gauge, but I’m pretty positive its just a worn sending unit. It’s been like that for 4 years of ownership and I’ve never had any issues associated with low pressure.

Mine is near the bottom at idle but goes up just past the low middle mark at RPM. I've noticed that this improves every time I change the oil. New oil gives me better pressure values for a while.

I don't really trust the gauge in terms of 'actual' pressure and only use it as a 'reference only' gauge. Is there a standard solution for an aftermarket gauge that will give actual pressure numbers?

Mine sits right below 1/4 at driving speed, it sounds like this is normal considering 225k... If I am wrong let me know, cause I may need to fix something before I take it on a 3k mile trip LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom