3fe no CEL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 3fe is acting up again. It recently decided not to start a couple wks ago (no CEL) I tried replacing the EFI relay. But ultimately my mechanic replaced the coil and it was good to go. Well today it stranded me again. No CEL. I let it sit for an hour or so and I turned the key and low and behold!.. CEL! It fired up but when I let off the gas it died and no CEL. My mechanic showed up and eventually He removed the positive bar terminal and put it back on and we had a CEL again. So... does that mean I need a new ECU? Any other ideas? Jon Held if you’re reading this, please PM your flow chart as I found it once but the link didn’t work. BTW my 92 is desmogged. Not sure that matters or not. But since we are on that subject, does the ecu need to be reflashed?

I just ordered some. I honestly had no idea what they were. Looking through jonheld’s posts older posts on other people’s threads I came across a link to wits end. Hopefully it fixes the issue. if not... like you said it’s a great start.

my mechanic replaced the coil and it was good to go.
Unlikely. The ECU has no direct connection to the ignition coil, so it doesn't "see" it. A faulty coil will not have an effect on the CEL.

Unlikely. The ECU has no direct connection to the ignition coil, so it doesn't "see" it. A faulty coil will not have an effect on the CEL.

Got ya. Can you please send me your “flow” chart? My mechanic buddy and I would greatly appreciate it and I’m betting it would solve the issue I’m having. Thank you sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom