3FE missing and running very rich (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i bought a 92 fj80 with the intentions to fix it up, its running very rich (black smoke out the tail pipe) i replaced the spark plugs cap and rotor and will aloso replace thw wires wehn they come in at the parts store tomorrow replacing them really helped it run better. it has no gas cap at the tiime there is a check engine light i jumped the te1 and e1 but on the dash it never blinked thoughts?

did you check TPS setting against FSM? How does it idle? 650rpm when warmed? What about timing?

thanks i tied to read the engine codes by connecting te1 to e1 and nothing happend disconnected the battery and started it up and engine codewas on right as i started it

You're aware that you short te1 and e1 with the key off, and then turn the key to the on position (not running) to get the light to blink, right?

thanks i tied to read the engine codes by connecting te1 to e1 and nothing happend disconnected the battery and started it up and engine codewas on right as i started it
You're aware that you short te1 and e1 with the key off, and then turn the key to the on position (not running) to get the light to blink, right?
yes. thats what i did. not sure why it still wont work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom