3FE List - Spring Bash 2003 - Bruno has died (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dunbar

SILVER Star
Threads
You guys who attended the 1st annual 3FE List Bash on Memorial Day weekend of 2003 will remember my neighbor Bruno Klotz. He kept us entertained with his stories and loaned us tools. He had lived next door to my lake house since 1981. He had been in poor health for most of this year with his heart condition that was not going to improve. I was at Philmont with the Crew on a 60 mile backpacking trek but Kathy went to see him in the hospital and got some laughs out of him.

For those who were not 3FE list folks, the Spring Bash grew out of a group buy of Dobinson's suspensions by 13 members of the 3FE list. Some of us decided to get together to install them on several trucks at once and the event snowballed into an annual gathering. We installed the 2.5" lifts on 4 trucks including mine, @SeaKnight, @euclid and buddy Johnny from Mississippi, long lost Pat. Other attendees came from all over the USA. @overhanger from Denver, @KLF from Southern NH, @Skniper from Houston (who arrived wearing a Dan Mohler nametag), @PhoneBill from Steubenville OH, and Al Romero I believe he is still on MUD and is from New England. Lots of beer was consumed and the 3FE Bashes became stuff of legends.
3fe_sb_03)1031.jpg
3fe_sb_03)1048.jpg

3fe_sb_03)1027.jpg

That's the hind ends of @SeaKnight @KLF working on Homer and Al Romero and @euclid working on my truck.
3fe_sb_03)1102.jpg

Good times! Bruno will be missed around Granite Shoals Texas!

Last edited:
Oh wow, that takes me back. What an amazing weekend, a bunch of random guys gathering from various corners of the US on a whim. Great drive down and back with @overhanger in his Jag, and wow did we go through a lot of beer.

I remember Bruno well, with his home-brew BBQ grille on the shopping cart. He let me use his welder to extend a bunch of swaybar endlinks for everybody. He was a hoot and fun to hang out with. Sorry to hear of his passing, thanks for the update, and the trip down memory lane. I still have all my t-shirts!

I enjoyed the banter of the 3FE list for a number of years.
X3

The late great 3FE list…nothing quite like it before or since. That’s how I met Crase and Godwin and Henry Cubillan and Dave Gonz…and the list goes on.

Hard to believe the 3FE Spring Bash was almost 20 years ago. Or that none of us had met before that weekend, and even more remarkable that we’ve all kept in touch.

I wonder how many of those 62’s are still on the road? Mine is, with the same Dobinson springs.

5EAC076A-8AEF-47CF-AE53-62D0DE061278.jpeg

Holly s*** that was fun. I drank an entire bottle of Hornitos one night and had visions. My stuff still smells like moth balls from the place we stayed. Bruno was a character, which was a requirement that weekend. RIP Bruno.

I was under my HDJ81 this afternoon replacing the big end bearings with thankfulness in my heart for the 3FE list. I was not much of a mechanic before that list. I got an FSM and got to work. When I got stuck, I used a digital camera to take pictures and post. Y'all taught me. I'm a damn good mechanic and have helped hundreds of folks get into cruisers now, thanks to y'all. Found my way into a lifelong hobby and made lifelong friends, thanks to y'all.

My 62 is on it's 4th owner (I was 2nd) and lives a good life in northern CA. Grant sends me pics occasionally, one below.

I was interested when I learned my extreme tranny only lasted about 80K, even with the tranny cooler.
IMG_1705.JPG

Greg I put my H55F in my truck in 2004 and it has been going strong since. I love rowing through the gears often up to over 4k rpm. I drive it 80mph+ weekly. That A440F just sucked the life out of a 3FE. Glad your truck is out there running where they don't salt the roads. Salting roads is pure madness, wanton destruction.

RIP Bruno, nice tribute. Nice throwback @Dunbar Pirate Dave. The 3FE List was a gem!…well, mostly.

My kids were 3 and 1 then and told my wife “Honey I’m driving to the lake to go camping with some guys I met on the internet”. “WTF??”
I too bunked in the mothball shack.

Truly a pioneering event.

ChadK/Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom