3FE intake hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
The rubber portions of my 62's intake tract are brittle and cracking pretty bad. Anyone know if these can be purchased new, or if there's a feasable alternative out there?

they can be purchased new from the dealer-i might have new ones here at tlc call 818-785-2200 ASK FOR JASON. tell em austin sent you --mention if u are tlca there is a discount.

also we sell a cold air intake system for 62 s ask for jay =same number

I've seen the CAI system. Interesting design, though I'm planning a snorkel in the future, so I'm sticking to the stock airbox.

I just replaced the 2nd hose, the one that connects directly to the throttle body. $63.68 from Cruiser Dan. It's kinda big in diameter to be called a hose, but that is what Toyota calls it.

Yeah that's the one that's falling apart on mine. I've got some high temp tape and HUUUUUUUGE hose clamps on it for now.

Didn't expect it would be so expensive though. That's a painful one for just a hose/duct.

You could look for a 62 being parted out somewhere to the north/colder. In my somewhat limited experience, rubber parts stand up better in cool areas. I'll PM you a couple possible leads.

Last edited:
The problem with a used one is that most have been on and off a bunch of times and get nicked up on the edge and then crack. Also, they are 20 years old and getting brittle. All it takes is a crack around one of the rings that you don't notice and that starts to leak, and man what a headache. I think I am getting numb to the outrageous prices for the parts on this thing. It doesn't even register anymore. List price on it is $84.

My local Advance and Autozone are next to each other . Between the two I managed to build something. Big thing I had to do was put a piece of a exhaust flange inside so I could clamp down. Worked great for like 2 years

My local Advance and Autozone are next to each other . Between the two I managed to build something. Big thing I had to do was put a piece of a exhaust flange inside so I could clamp down. Worked great for like 2 years

Got a pic?

It was like 20 bucks between both stores. The setup was the plastic stuff that pulls out and retracts and the section that went to the intake was blue.....2 seprate sections
The plastic stuff is what had the exhaust flange inside of it.

haha D'OH!

It was like 20 bucks between both stores. The setup was the plastic stuff that pulls out and retracts and the section that went to the intake was blue.....2 seprate sections
The plastic stuff is what had the exhaust flange inside of it.

Where did the brick fit in? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom