3fe ignition issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
highoctanespirits.com
So I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I have been having a weird issue I need to diagnose. my garage is full at the moment so i have been tinkering on it outside and need some more directed diagnosis.

I welded a new muffler on and shortly afterward i started having this issue. I thought i had disconnected the battery ground but being in a hurry, it had fallen back toward the post and was just touching :bang:

anyways, it revs up and runs fine if i only give it a llittle throttle, like under 10-15%. if i go above that it falls on its face around 3000-3500 like it is hitting a rev limiter.

only check engine light i have is for a bank 2 oxygen sensor but that was there before this started happening.

Here is a video. this is with the door open so you can hear the exhaust well and hear the sputter.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="StDFpde"><a href="">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

first part is a low throttle rev all the way to redline, then i put it to the floor and you can see it hover around 3000-3500.

anyone seen this before? I am trying to get her in the garage for this weekeend to dive in (still in the 30's and snow outside) so any help pointing me in the right direction would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom