3FE Heater Core Bypass - Return to Factory Routing?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fergie

SILVER Star
Threads
The previous owner, instead of repairing the leaking heater core, had his mechanic bypass the thing.

How should I return this to normal, as I a wee bit confused by the pictures and wording in the FSM, and would like to make sure I get this done correctly.

Thanks
HeaterandFuseBoxPics078.jpg

HeaterandFuseBoxPics077.jpg

The top metal line on the side of the valve cover goes to the box mounted on the firewall up high, and the lower metal line connects to the hose right there, coming out of the firewall with the T in it. Good luck with fixing the heater core though, have you done it yet.

The top metal line on the side of the valve cover goes to the box mounted on the firewall up high, and the lower metal line connects to the hose right there, coming out of the firewall with the T in it. Good luck with fixing the heater core though, have you done it yet.
Tenzig,

Thanks for the info.

I've not done a LC heater core specifically, but have done others in the past, and know what a drag it can be. I've checked all the write-ups here, and on the 3FE group, and have the FSM. I'll take a long weekend to do it and give myself the time instead of tryign to rush it.

Thanks for the photo.

What is the tin foil?

I was going to try and take a better (new) pic but I got into the job of replacing a bad u-joint and totally forgot. Looks like I'm going to take it in to the shop for them to press out the old u-joint and press in the new one.
The foil is automotive heat wrap to help protect the air hose.
Best of luck with the heater core.
Is the heater core from FZJ80 ('93) interchangeable with FJ80? If so, I have one on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom