3fe head cracked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
found a crack,bout 1.5 inches. can any decent machine shop weld this or to I have to resort to dropping a(free) 2f & manual trans? this sucks!

Was it you I told to check the head in another thread here?

And shop which does engine work should be able to weld it, or have a welding shop who does thier work for them.

As long as it isnt to corroded froma water jacket or something.

Call around. Depends on where the crack is.

shed, it prolly was me you told bout chekin the head. I just found the crack this mornin after I posted about a carbed 3fe. Im goin to check around to see if anyone can weld this thing

dont mean to make this tread run on but are cracking heads somethin that usually happens? like just one overheat? or is this an indication that my engine has been really really abused and negleted? just wonderin because if this easily happens then I dont want to use these engines anymore.

I would not say they are prone to cracking. I have seen it happen but almost always after a very hot overheating condition. I have seen more 3FE heads crack than 2F heads but I dont think it is enough to form any real opinion as to their being bad.

wnt to the best machine shop (here) and they said that they couldnt to it bcause it went from the cmbstion chmbr to under the exhst vlve seat. the guy said he actually had an extra one for $350 that had been rsurfaced and valveseats grinded(no valves) customer didnt pick it up after a year. they resurfcd it again for me and I only found one crack, it was bout qtr inch long and on the big waterjkt hole in the mid of the head. did not reach the combstion chmbr. the guy is honest and says that is shouldnt be a prob and says to thinnk it over and bring a mechanic to look at it with me. just wonderin what you guys think. thanks for your qck reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom