3FE Fuel issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve gone down the rabbit hole and can’t find my way out. It all started with a blown radiator replacement and that turned into a birfield rebuild and fuel tank/filler neck replacement. Put everything back together and it wouldn’t stay running. So I changed the fuel filter, charcoal canister, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump and the pump filter. It starts but as soon as I put it in gear or give it gas quickly it dies. There isn’t any pressure building in the tank....there had been but that stopped once I swapped out the canister. Help! Thanks

I second the vacuum line as the probable cause. There are a lot of them around the charcoal canister and they have to be in the right place. I think a simple crack or leak in a vacuum line would not kill it, just make it run rough at idle.

Intake tube is also known to break into pieces on these trucks.

A misplaced vacuum line or open vacuum line won't stall the engine, however if there's a crack in the intake plenum that opens when the motor moves on its mounts, the flap in the AFM will close, shutting down the fuel pump.

Does anyone have an illustration/diagram for the vacuum tubes they can share with me so I can make sure they are hooked up in the correct places? Thanks

Hi, If you google year and vacuum hoses. It comes up. Mike

Does anyone have an illustration/diagram for the vacuum tubes they can share with me so I can make sure they are hooked up in the correct places? Thanks
There is also a vacuum diagram on the underside of the hood.

BEA47FFD-12D4-4218-94AA-2B13F133C51C.png
2A2774AD-4214-47AE-8761-AC8EA2074177.jpeg
F5578A4E-2557-4B0A-84C1-D572018AFDEC.jpeg
FC248315-F08C-4F2D-BD13-7F4D4C13143B.png
744F00AE-E1C9-4BE4-B6CF-B33A2EA1DA36.jpeg

My wife says I have a vacuum line fetish.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom