3FE Fuel Injector Refresh: Volume 1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Crap. I think I bit off more than I wanted to naw on...
So I sent in a spare set of injectors to witch hunter. I have a set of injector rubber in the garage, and thanks to @Aseif007, a decent spare fuel rail. I got a plenum gasket and was ready to go, right?
WRONG...
lo and behold, a tiny bit of looking at my spare parts, and I find that there are plastic spacers pressed into the intake manifold where the injectors "just press into..." and they have Orings that seal them to the bores they dwell in- both of which parts, I do NOT have.
PROJECT HOLD
Thanks to the Cruiser Gods, these parts can also be found on other, less ignored Toyota vehicles, and therefore, can be ordered.
so then the big question...
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED BEFORE I GO IN???
well...
HOW FAR IN AM I GOING TO GO???
WHile I'm pulling the spacers out of the lower intake, IF I drop some crap in the holes as I'm making the holes bigger because, I"M PULLING THE HOLES OUT, then I have NO way to get it out....unless I pull the intake manifold...which means I need an intake manifold gasket and need to drop the exhaust too.
crap. OKAY, WHAT ELSE?
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, the poor old block has been gorging on distilled water...more and more. I fear it may be more than the radiator filler neck lip. Could be a head gasket, or head. Good thing I have a spare head, I even have a head GASKET!!! Hmmm...
HMMM< WHAT DOES THAT HEAD NEED???
OKAY> parts list for a JimC wannabe 3FE hot head with stainless SBC valves:
Cylinder Head Service for tank and mag and open up the casting to accept the bigger hardware, mill for flat...
PEP for 6 each p3091HP-C, P2323HP-C, PSK574-1-7 valves and springs/retainers/locks kit
and some TBD stem seals...
crap. NOW WHERE AM I?
Welllll, now you still need those spacers, orings, a slew of other gaskets, a tstat, some coolant and oil- I have the pan gasket, cause, you know that's gunna hafta come off too...EFI washers...s***, I don't have the budget for this...
WHERE DO I DRAW THE LINE???
crap. I think I bit off more than I wanted to naw on...

I just farmed the rebuild of my long block out, and cleaned/painted/reinstalled the rest. Here's how it turned out:

3FE-on-Stand-4.jpg

3FE-on-Stand-5.jpg

3FE-on-Stand-6.jpg

3FE-on-Stand-7.jpg

Exhaust-Manifold-9.jpg

Of course it's still not installed in the '86 FJ60, maybe in June? I feel your pain.

@beno, the rebuild was done by Brian at Empire Engines, across the Alameda/San Pedro intersection from your old stomping grounds. Very pleased with his work.

@beno, the rebuild was done by Brian at Empire Engines, across the Alameda/San Pedro intersection from your old stomping grounds. Very pleased with his work.

Sure. I remember Brian. They do decent work. Good turn around.

On my 1FZ-FE, I used Edwards Racing Engines down on 2nd Street. That was about 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom