3FE front end clicking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reading through some threads here and none are 3FE specific that I can find.
The 92 has intermittent clicking on turns, usually up hill. Sounds like it could be birf or low ball joint grease. I’m taking it in this morning for inspection-i don’t want to mess this one up. Never had any front end issues in the 40k miles I’ve had it, and never replaced any parts up front except 2” ome heavies. Standard lubes have been done.

-what are the specs for ball joint grease brand or part number
-what constitutes need for full axle re-build?
-anything else specific to point out to mechanics to check on up front for this truck at 200k?

re-gear and part time are coming up soon, so looking to just do minimal to get by until I have the coin to do complete overhaul of axle

Have you ever topped off the moly grease in the knuckles? If not, the birds may be getting dry & noisy.

So I have now topped off the knuckles twice and noise is still occurring. It was very bad on a four-wheelin trip Saturday, over 80 percent of big bumps produced deep/hard clicks on both sides. I topped off before trip. No mess on balls just standard seepage. cant see anything visually wrong, performance us excellent. More ideas?

31x10.50s, small lift, otherwise stock

So I have now topped off the knuckles twice and noise is still occurring. It was very bad on a four-wheelin trip Saturday, over 80 percent of big bumps produced deep/hard clicks on both sides. I topped off before trip. No mess on balls just standard seepage. cant see anything visually wrong, performance us excellent. More ideas?

31x10.50s, small lift, otherwise stock
I had a case of the clicks. Upward turns. Axle spun free eventually and had to "L" home. Did the complete axle build but could have solved it with new drive flanges. No biggie.

sounds like I should just lock out my front now. No flanges on a manual locking hub P/T system right?

sounds like I should just lock out my front now. No flanges on a manual locking hub P/T system right?
Do you drive locked all the time? Just curious. I'd unlock and see if it stops which I would imagine it would. Correct, you do not have flanges. Sorry if you had mentioned that.

No, sorry for confusion. I've been putting off the P/T and hubs conversion for a while. Now is the excuse to do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom