3FE exhaust manifolds on a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m thinking of using the 3FE exhaust manifold instead of a header on my 40, has anyone used this method?
I know the manifolds will bold up after some minor trimming, but, I’m most interested in the routing of the exhaust pipes back from the down pipes. There are threads of the exhaust routing on FJ60’s but not FJ40’s.

Thanks,

devo

stock 3fe exhaust will land smack dab in the middle of the frame on it's way down to turn towards the back. A custom downpipe to a custom collector will be needed. Not impossible Tornado takes the top off 1964 SWB FJ-45 I did put a nice flex coupler after the y-pipe that joined the two. And i used v-band clamps to make it all modular.

Thanks. I was looking for thread that showed the routing. I know it can be done. I’ll have to pay the muffler shop to bend and weld the pipe.
How has it been holding up over the last 6 years?

devo

Its cerakoted and lying under the truck waiting on the head to come back. Collecting dust quite well over the last 6 years. I ran mine outside the frame to clear a pto winch shaft. It can be run inside the frame but might be tight. I notched the drivers side a pillar cab mount and tucked it all up above the frame.

I was looking at your photos. You did yours on a 45. I think I’ll be able to run my pipe in the stock position On my 43. What diameter pipe did you use?

devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom