3fe computer upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone sent out their computer module for a upgrade.

I have seen several vendors that say if you send them your module they will replace the chip and send it back to you.

Anyone done this, and was there any noticable improvement in performance of fuel economy?

Always sceptical of there promises from the aftermarket.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard no such thing. I have heard that a non op computer can be sent in for a rebuild.....what kind mileage you gettin? My 55 series gets about 16 and the 62 gets about 16.2...

I had an early Bosch Motronic ECU (for a BMW) that had been chipped by Jet. It made a noticeable difference in performance, but didn't improve fuel consumption. The engine I had it on was fairly built, so that might not be a good indicator.

For $399.00 I don't think I will experiment with it. Was hoping someone else spent the bucks already to find out if it's worth it.

we gots more important things to buy like gears tires and bearings. chips are for computers.....

For that kind of money, I'd be thinking more along the lines of Megasquirt.

Yes, it's a tractor motor, but that doesn't mean that upgrading the Vic20 to something
a bit more modern wouldn't give at least a modest increase in power or efficiency.

And then, when you add the turbos, you've already got an adaptable ecu!

t

I'd need to say no. Toyota upgraded the 2f to a 3fe and got like 1 mpg better(city),
so how could chipping it(I doubt they have a chip for it) give any better mpg.:)

Has anyone sent out their computer module for a upgrade.

I have seen several vendors that say if you send them your module they will replace the chip and send it back to you.

Anyone done this, and was there any noticable improvement in performance of fuel economy?

Always sceptical of there promises from the aftermarket.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom