3f sump gasket replacement and sealing no 5 bearing cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi..I am in the process of replacing the sump gasket on my 3f motor but I'm not sure what I have to do in relation to sealing number 5 end cap .and exactly were do I have to use the rtv?and do I have to seal number 1 bearing cap also.?thanking you..

If you're using an OEM 1 piece gasket, no rtv is needed. The arch at the front and rear where the gasket seats must be clean before reassembly both on the pan and on the bearing cap.

The rear main cap is mostly exposed, tends to seep between it and the block, and/or out the bolts. When we have the rear cap off, put a skin of RTV from the main seal over to the pan gasket, and around the bolt holes. Don't want to effect bearing clearance, so needs to be thin, but doing it drys that area up.

The rear main cap is mostly exposed, tends to seep between it and the block, and/or out the bolts. When we have the rear cap off, put a skin of RTV from the main seal over to the pan gasket, and around the bolt holes. Don't want to effect bearing clearance, so needs to be thin, but doing it drys that area up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom