3F oil cooler delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After the realization that the oil cooler installed on my 3F fire truck is non-functional (see my FJ62 Fire Truck Oil/Transfer case cooler? thread), I've decided to delete it. I see that there is an early 2F filter housing with no provisions for the oil cooler, however it seems to be NLA. Is there a way to block off the banjo bolt holes and maintain oil flow with my current housing?

Anyone have a 2F non-cooled filter housing kicking around? I believe it will fit my 3F.

Thanks
-Rob

Last edited:
You’d have better luck replacing your oil cooler with one that works than trying to delete it.
If your fire truck cooler isn’t leaking, just leave it. Removing it won’t accomplish anything worthwhile.

You’d have better luck replacing your oil cooler with one that works than trying to delete it.
If your fire truck cooler isn’t leaking, just leave it. Removing it won’t accomplish anything worthwhile.

I considered several options, and decided to go with the cooler delete option.

• Option 1: Keep the cooler I have, just disconnect the water supply lines.
    • The cooler I have was used with raw water, whatever they could pump out of a stream or pond
    • I have no doubt there is water sitting in there from last time it was used
    • I don't trust it not to corrode, fail, and cause me issues in the future

• Option 2: Replace current cooler with a standard oil cooler
    • Would have to purchase a new oil cooler
    • My engine has no provisions to run coolant to an oil cooler
      • I'd have to swap hard-lines, and modify the cooling system to plumb one in.

• Option 3: Delete the cooler altogether
    • The truck has never had a functioning oil cooler from the factory
    • I get to keep my simple cooling system
    • I get to simplify the oil system
    • Removes a potential source of failure
After considering those other options, I decided I want to stick with option 3 for now.

Thanks
-Rob

After the realization that the oil cooler installed on my 3F fire truck is non-functional (see my FJ62 Fire Truck Oil/Transfer case cooler? thread), I've decided to delete it. I see that there is an early 2F filter housing with no provisions for the oil cooler, however it seems to be NLA. Is there a way to block off the banjo bolt holes and maintain oil flow with my current housing?

Anyone have a 2F non-cooled filter housing kicking around? I believe it will fit my 3F.

Thanks
-Rob

YES ,

i have a Cherry Media blasted and high heat cured marine clear koated 2F oil filter housing ready to come to you ........

PM me thanks

i stock OEM TOYOTA OIL COOLER SERVICE and DELETE caps with OEM double wire clamps too

just like this example pics
]
below

1644439839513.png

1644439853475.png

1644439868505.png

1644439882621.png

1644439897167.png

YES ,

i have a Cherry Media blasted and high heat cured marine clear koated 2F oil filter housing ready to come to you ........

Thanks, Matt, PM sent!

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom