3F-E in a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I did the search and I didn't find anything with solid info. So here is the question. Has anyone put a 3F-E in a 40 series? This is most likely going to be my course of action when I go for a V8 swap with my 62. I'll rebuild the 3FE and of course drop it in the 40. Anyone have any advice for what to look out for or what not to do?
Thanks,

Matt

People have.

If it was me, I would just take the 3FE head and bolt it to a 2F block.

I'm not completely sure it is worth it. 3FE's aren't all that powerfull, they can be finicky, and they run pretty warm.

Matt there is an article in this months Toyota Trails about putting the head of a 3F-E onto the 2F block, I will bring it to sat's pig-a-thon. Supposedly this combo will give you better low end torque and more power over all, basically because the 2F has a longer stroke. Also there is a guy on the board that has dropped a 3FE into a 40 , he will probaly chime in.

ClemsonCruiser said:
Matt there is an article in this months Toyota Trails about putting the head of a 3F-E onto the 2F block, I will bring it to sat's pig-a-thon. Supposedly this combo will give you better low end torque and more power over all, basically because the 2F has a longer stroke. Also there is a guy on the board that has dropped a 3FE into a 40 , he will probaly chime in.

Mistapuggs is one of the guys that did that.
He's a bit of a lurker, so you will probably have to e-mail him
fj40ryan@yahoo.com I think is his e-mail.

I have seen his 3FE conversion. It's pretty clean.

Hi All:

Since the 60 Series H42 four speed tranny will bolt-up to the 3FE I think this would be a nice swap for a 2F powered rig - though not as nice as a 1FZE/H55F swap! ;)

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

i have a 92 chasis sittiong in my garage and im about to swap the 3fe, trans , and tcase as well as suspension and axles into a 40. ill let you know ho it turns out. probably wont start until winter though.

Fellas,

Thanks for all your post, I'll give mistapuggs a ring when it comes time for me to do the work. I'm going to be picking up my first 40 here at the end of august, so I think it will be towards the end of the year before i start any work. Thanks again!!!!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom