3F/3FE Oil Pan differences FJ62 vs FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AussieHJCruza

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.completecruisers.com.au
G'day crew,

I'm getting ready to pull the oil pan and side covers etc. to sort some oil leaks on the FJ62, however, I'm looking at the current oil pan and thinking that the leak may be coming from the 'guard' separating from the main oil pan, hence trying to track down a replacement (new if I can find one) one.

My challenge is, she has a 3FE out of an FJ80 fitted (FJ62 here had a carby 3F) and I'm just wanting to ensure that I don't run into issues trying to put the wrong pan onto it.

So:
F/2F pan seems to be 1210161013 and somewhat available (I'd have to get it from JT Outfitters who say they have one or something as can't rustle up one through normal channels)
3F pan for this truck seems also to be 1210161013
3FE pan from FJ80 seems to be 1210161050

The gasket I think is 1215161010, and this seems to work for F, 2F, 3F, 3FE

(My part numbers may well be wrong, if anyone has corrections, please let me know and I'll update, I've been staring at parts breakdowns for too long...)

The question is: is there any difference between a 3FE and a 3F oil pan? Do I get whatever I can find or is there something specific I need to be mindful of? Some maintenance items are a pain (Yes, self-inflicted) with the blower, so I would prefer to have everything I need and get in there once and stop it leaking.

and because this thread is useless without pics..

e93eb853-cfde-45ef-ac3e-cc13f73663ba.jpg
f099c8a0-2784-4fde-bc30-decdc396e092.jpg

Scroll down and you'll see pans and gaskets for the 62 3FE.

I believe the pan differs on the 80 to suit the rear mounted tie rod setup. I know the difference has been discussed here..... IIRC, the oil pickup tube may have changed along with the pan.... if you search you should find details and whether the 80 tube will work with a 62 pan.

Post 39 of this thread might shed some light on oil pump / pickup differences between 2F/62 3FE and 80 3FE.

Legend, thanks @RockDoc - my search skills must suck!

Search can be difficult, but I can usually find things from threads I was active in, or if I happen to remember which user posted something.

Onur posted this in the classifieds, it shows the step in the 80 series pan.

I was thinking a later 2F pan would work on the 3F, the drain plug size is larger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom