3D template for cargo area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
So I am trying to figure what if any designing/modeling software I want play around with and learn. I am not sure if I want to with something in my iPad Pro, MacBook or Windows machine. I have trying to learn what I can, but this stuff isn't easy!!! And it turns out...it can be expensive as well!

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any templates already drawn up of the rear cargo area? Actually I would love to play around with any templates that anyone has, especially in the different programs I am trying out. I want to start working on designing my own system/drawers for the back of my LX.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on what software to try or use, I am all ears! I'm not here to take away anyones thunder or get information so I can copy whatever, I'm just hoping I can find a template or whatever that has something to do with the 100 series as that is what I want to try to design stuff for.

I don’t have any templates to offer up, but I have been building models of my shop and items I’m building (workbenches, furniture, etc.) with SketchUp Make 2017.

It takes a little getting used to, but you should be able to draw something like a drawer setup in a couple hours of getting used to the program.

However, there’s no real client for your ipad for sketchip. They have a paid app, but it’s display only to my knowledge.

So I am really liking Shapr3D right now. AND I found a pretty neat cargo system that I would to play with in Shapr3D...BUT Shapr3D doesn’t accept SketchUp files. Anyone want to convert this into a file I can import into Shapr3D?

rear box for LC200 land cruiser | 3D Warehouse

I've used SketchUp since probably 2014, which then sparked my interest in mechanical engineering because I knew I would eventually begin Solidworks and AutoCAD once I got to college and pursued that field of study. Now that I've already taken those classes and gotten relatively proficient with SW (not so much A-CAD), I will say SketchUp proved to be an invaluable program once it came time to transition to SW. The concepts and methods are similar between the two, but obviously SW is much more detailed, indepth, frustrating as hell, and not to mention expensive for a private license. Luckily as a 5th year MEEG student I still have free privileges to my universities SW license:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom