Wanted 3D printing services for custom pull knobs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Do we have a good 3D printer in the mud community for small custom jobs? I’d like to make a few custom knobs that look similar to the early LIGHT, ROOM, and WIPER switches. Particularly for a fog and heater switch. If there’s anybody out there that would be interested in taking this project on please PM me. I know there was a guy doing this on Facebook a while back but his project fizzled and he hasn’t responded to messages, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea. I can probably find a 3D printing place locally but this seems like a job for a mudder, if possible...

Thanks!

1612995379879.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought @Krondor was doing this at one time.
I believe he's just molding knobs rather than 3D printing so he wouldn't be able to make something custom. Just re-create it.

I did ask him about this as a potential project not very long ago though and he's pretty busy.

where the heck is MY Greek friend ? :D

@thecrazygreek

this is your time brother greek .........

I can do that...
Big style like the LIGHT knob
Small style like the WIPER knob.
35 each
Add 10 for custom mounting needs.

AC713E27-5F5E-481F-A039-3A0685A02B9D.png

33243460-7686-4C4D-BB12-C63CD37160AF.png

CA78B994-E260-40EB-AAD6-FDB943B51D2A.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Woah wait, you’re already making them??? That’s literally exactly what I’m looking for!

what’s on the back, is it a threaded insert or just a hole like the OEM ones (or is that customizable)?
I can go OEM threaded insert, or if you have an aftermarket switch, I can customize it.
This is a hobby at this point for me. Just doing it for fun.
I can recreate just about anything.. ;)

Last edited:
Is that a 3D printed Vader hood too? Super cool!
Yep...

They don't mount the same at all though.
Only for the look of OEM.

I designed them to mount with a 6mm hole. They use an LED bulb and you have to figure out your own wiring and switch.
I can get a switch that looks very close to factory though.

Screenshot_20210210-215521_eBay.jpg

@thecrazygreek

Hello. Can you make 2 pieces of the lamp heads? Problem is I dont have one in stock for the 3D print and not sure if anyone will lend us one so we can print a few from it. Would you have any in stock? Please let me know

Great Work, keep it up..

Thank you.

I Have Fully Restored VADER Room Lamp SWITCH's ...........

PM me please

DSCN7362.JPG
DSCN7364.JPG
DSCN7370.JPG
DSCN7373.JPG
DSCN7375.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom