3D Printed Key Fob Shells - Trapezoid Two-Button (1 Viewer)

What's your color preference?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD | ADGU
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.yotamd.com
Hey all you hardcore 80 series folks! I made a key fob for the 100 series remote. I have had dozens of requests to make a shell for the 80 series as well. I have one style complete and ready for orders - the Two Button "Trapezoid" style. If you have another style remote and would want one of these types of replacement shells, post up here and let me know.

This thread is for general discussion but more importantly right now, I'd like a tally of folks interested so I can order up the right quantity to get things rolling on this new design. All orders received by Tuesday evening will get a small discount in exchange for you waiting the production lead time of about 2 weeks. After that I'll try to stock them for immediate shipment.

See the design in the attached pictures.

Buy link here: YMDT - Toyota 2 Button Trapezoid - RS3000

General Info: The shell replaces your original shell and reuses the internal remote, battery and battery holder. It's made out of 3D printed Nylon in an SLS printing method. This is far superior to the typical 3D printing method (FDM) used by the home 3D printers you may have seen. They print these SLS parts using a high powered laser that sinters powdered plastic in an industrial machine. The results are super fine detail in a very strong material. I have yet to have a single customer break their keyring on my 100 series fobs. If you're the first to break any of the 80 series, I'll replace your fob shell for free.

I plan to offer this shell in BLACK only unless there's significant demand for another color. Orange and Red have been popular for the 100 series, but Black is number one thus far. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20170423_104522.jpg

IMG_20170423_104536.jpg

*Edit for 2019: Orange is now available. YMDT - Toyota 2 Button Trapezoid - RS3000

DSC_00161080.jpg
DSC_00171080.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome. Mine is broken. I'll get my order in by end of day.

Just placed order! Can't wait to switch the guts over from my sad taped together fob.

Jason

Dang! Just went Viper and love the extended Range, but Nice Job!

Due to some crazy-intense life moments in the last couple of days, I haven't been able to get these on order. Bad news is those who purchased will have to wait an extra day or two because I won't be able to order parts until tomorrow.

Good news is the discount pricing still applies until I get that order in to the printer, likely late Thursday or Friday.

Side note: this 80 section is hopping. You guys have a ton of activity. I had to scroll through a handful of pages to find this thread already.

Haha 2 days? I have no problem waiting 12+ weeks for a BIO bumper. I'm sure the electrical tape will hold out a bit longer.

Thanks for the update!

Yes this place is quite active.

Alright all, group buy parts ordered tonight. I expect delivery in 2 weeks and will turn around to customers days after. Thanks for your launch orders and please provide feedback when you receive these!

Anyone else interested, please see the first post for the purchase link. I should have some on hand ready for quick shipment going forward.

You ship to Canada?
Yeah that should be fine. Please send me your zip code so I can verify costs before placing your order. Here or via pm is fine. If it's a lot more than normal I can send you an invoice to cover the exact total cost.

4G63 POWER here is a picture of my worn out fob.

20170429_172054.jpg

^^^^^Same ? as above ^^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom