3D Printed Cup Holder for 1965 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OPMACHINE

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everybody,

I am playing around with 3D printed cup holders/ I-phone pocket/ small flashlight holder.

This one is 834 layers of Onyx and Carbon Fiber reinforcement. I am utilizing 2x rubber encased 35lb magnets for non invasive mounting.

For version 2.0, I am going to recess the magnets into the holder, and possibly add a UBS or 12V outlet.

I would love to hear some ideas for other things that would be useful to have. I am happy to share my CAD files with anybody that want to make their own. This one took about 36 hours to print and utilized a lot of carbon fiber so $$$$$$.
CUP HOLDER DESIGN.jpg
CUP HOLDER 38% CARBON FIBER.jpg
CUP HOLDER 2.jpg
3D PRINTED IN MARKFORDGE.jpg

Hey @kunzma the phone needs to be considered. We used directional magnets with a rubber and steel case that encapsulate the magnets and also focusing the magnet field down.

REQ would be great, but I opted for our shop logo.

@redfj45can I really like the aluminium version attached above! An aluminum sheet metal option would be pretty simple to laser cut, fold and weld.
Price range 4 your finished aluminium cup holder near 45$ ....?........................................................................................................;)
$..red..duckburg.png

Last edited:
I think $45.00 is very doable over a production run of 50 units or more. The first one will cost a few hundred if you incorporate the design and machine programming cost. Might be worth doing if the market was bigger than 7 units.

Intended to magnetically sit on the trans tunnel.
View attachment 2319276

@redfj45can, We could CNC machine out of (insert material of choice), but as @Rix 45 pointed out this is already of $100.00+ solution to a $10.00 problem.
Did these ever get made? I'm tired of spilling my coffee trying to keep the mug between my legs. With no power steering, its a two arm operation driving my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom