3d Printed Bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and your just using tpu 100 percent infill?

@Zjohnsonua

The reinforcement on the arms is from landing the rig on rocks, seperate issue.

As far as how long they will last.. we will see. The uppers have lasted way longer then most thought. It's fun.

@chappysfj40
Pretty much no infil, it's all perimeters so it's a continous strand of tpu for each layer.

I like this idea, how many miles are you getting out of these bushings now?

Care to share some stl files? I was about to start making bushings for my edsel and the cruiser would be nice

Going to bring a 3d printer on my next international trip to print parts if I break down on the trail

There will be more rotation around the bolt since the center is no longer captured.
Any further thoughts/observations on this? Depending on bushing location, seems it would incrementally increase body roll due to loss of the torsion spring component of the stock bushings. Could also see it hurting traction in some situations. Is there a benefit to droop/articulation when using these in the rear control arms, since they would not be trying to rotate a drooping wheel back up into its neutral location?

Any further thoughts/observations on this? Depending on bushing location, seems it would incrementally increase body roll due to loss of the torsion spring component of the stock bushings. Could also see it hurting traction in some situations. Is there a benefit to droop/articulation when using these in the rear control arms, since they would not be trying to rotate a drooping wheel back up into its neutral location?
I have been running all printed bushings in the rear for a few months now with no issues. No increase of body roll noticed. I busted most of the oem old bushings so it's been way better then that.

I want my suspension to drop out as far as I can into big holes.

These were welded up since I have bent a couple of sets. I welded on the fzj80 versions since the ends are plain steel. FJ80 ones are cast.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you sure the FJ80 ones were cast and not forged? Are you talking about that steel inside the bushing area, or the whole lower control arm?

I didn't know about this difference between the FJ80 and FZJ80.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you sure the FJ80 ones were cast and not forged? Are you talking about that steel inside the bushing area, or the whole lower control arm?

I didn't know about this difference between the FJ80 and FZJ80.
They may be forged, they are different and probably cheaper to produce and lighter. It's just the ends.

Later model are easier to weld, I don't have to think about cooling rates or pre heating.

Easier to fix on the trail. Not that I have seen one break. I tried until I put in the @eimkeith bash guards.

They may be forged, they are different and probably cheaper to produce and lighter. It's just the ends.

Later model are easier to weld, I don't have to think about cooling rates or pre heating.

Easier to fix on the trail. Not that I have seen one break. I tried until I put in the @eimkeith bash guards.

Interesting, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom