3BT TO R150F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all 👋 I’m doing a frame up build on a 1992 Toyota pickup. The frame is from the states and is absolutely mint. I came across a “land ranger” - a 1984 landcruiser that had been mated with a ford ranger 🤢. I decided to put this thing out of its misery and take the 3BT and front land cruiser 9.5” for my pickup swap.
I would really like to keep the R150F from my pickup instead of running the h42 4 speed and buying a toy box to keep the t case output centered to the rear. I have searched high an low on the web and can’t find info of anyone doing this anywhere. My question is, is there a way I can mount the 3bt to R150F? I’ve seen pictures of the r150 diesel bell housing and I figure that’s the best place to start. I’m new to the forum and this is my first post hopefully it’s in the right spot! Thanks in advance -T

Also from what I gathered from the previous land ranger owner it is the drive line from a 1984 landcruiser. It has a 4 speed manual with what looks like a vacuum actuated t case.

Hey all 👋 I’m doing a frame up build on a 1992 Toyota pickup. The frame is from the states and is absolutely mint. I came across a “land ranger” - a 1984 landcruiser that had been mated with a ford ranger 🤢. I decided to put this thing out of its misery and take the 3BT and front land cruiser 9.5” for my pickup swap.
I would really like to keep the R150F from my pickup instead of running the h42 4 speed and buying a toy box to keep the t case output centered to the rear. I have searched high an low on the web and can’t find info of anyone doing this anywhere. My question is, is there a way I can mount the 3bt to R150F? I’ve seen pictures of the r150 diesel bell housing and I figure that’s the best place to start. I’m new to the forum and this is my first post hopefully it’s in the right spot! Thanks in advance -T

As far as I know the R15x series has only been used in the LJ7x/KZJ7x series and some of the HZJ7x landcruisers. Those bell housings would not fit the B series engines.

If you already have a Landcruiser front 9.5" axle, why not just install a rear one too? Then your problems are solved as the landcruiser t-case will then match the rear axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom