3B wont stay running??? Help!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I few weeks ago my BJ42 wont not start and the glow plug and sediment light would not come as well. Then after that it started with no problem? Now I am having the same problem! I pulled the fuel control relay out from behind the dash by the glovebox , unplugged the connector and reconnected and still having problems. If I continue to turn the ignition back and forth but not cranking it will sometimes light the glow plug and sediment light up and that seems to let me crank once the glow plug light goes out and I am holding in my wilson switch? it will stay running for a minute like it is doing fine and then the fuel relay starts making clicking noises and shuttering at the same time the edic lever is going back and forth until it finally shuts itself off? Does anyone know what this problem is and the answer how to fix?

Roberto

the glow relay is in conjuntion wiht the alternator so if the brushes in the alternator are too low then the glow will not work...
test the output of the alternator.

install a wilson switch and get rid of the troublesome super glow system.

cheers

I already have a wilson switch, where can I get the brushes for the alternator? part numbers anyone?

Take the brush assembly to the local auto electric shop. Brushes are pretty generic and they'll probably install them for you for $20 or so.

will do thanks! The cruiser has decided to work again on its own but I am still going to get the alt rebuilt

might be the ignition switch it's self.

will do thanks! The cruiser has decided to work again on its own but I am still going to get the alt rebuilt

I wouldn't get the altenator rebuilt. New brushes are probably sufficient.

Doesn't sound like the alternator to me. If it is cutting out after is has started, it is probably the low oil sender on the side of the block. Check to see that it is connected properly and that the wire is not bad. A bad connection here will tell your fuel relay to stop fuel delivery. I had a broken wire and the truck would behave the way you're describing.

Thank you fellas, I will check each of the items listed and let you know, Thanks again!!!

Is it right to connect the wire to the side of the low oil sender and not the top?

If I remember correctly, it slides over the little nipple on top. Tricky get it to stay while putting the rubber cover back on.

That sounds like the gage sender not the low oil pressure cut out. The low oil pressure cut out looks like a bolt with a male spade connector sticking out.

That sounds like the gage sender not the low oil pressure cut out. The low oil pressure cut out looks like a bolt with a male spade connector sticking out.

When I bought a new oil sender that's what they gave me, the small bolt thing with the male spade. My oil pressure gage doesn't work btw :)

Moving the wire/rubber boot connector to the top of the other thing makes my engine start and quit.

The 3B manual doesn't seem to show anything about these things, unless I'm missing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom