3b with Garret Turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, that’s a fine reading for highway driving.
Do you have a fan and shroud, or just off currently?

yes, that’s a fine reading for highway driving.
Do you have a fan and shroud, or just off currently?
no fan or shroud. just a fan thats attached to radator that i have to manualy turn on if temp gets to hot.

I have a Garrett 2052 turbo on my 3B BJ42; 2.5" exhaust, no intercooler. 750 on the EGT's is pretty much where I'm at on the flat highway. It'll climb to 900 on a hill, but I don't think I've topped 1000 yet. It's still a lot cooler than when I was NA with a 1.75" factory exhaust, I'd crack 1200 easily up the same hill. . I haven't turned up the fuel, boost is 10PSI on the highway, waste gate at 15. Hills in fourth gear now, priceless! :) (not much space for an intercooler!)
1570847402414.png

Last edited:
I have a Garrett 2052 turbo on my 3B BJ42; 2.5" exhaust, no intercooler. 750 on the EGT's is pretty much where I'm at on the flat highway. It'll climb to 900 on a hill, but I don't think I've topped 1000 yet. It's still a lot cooler than when I was NA with a 1.75" factory exhaust, I'd crack 1200 easily up the same hill. . I haven't turned up the fuel, boost is 10PSI on the highway, waste gate at 15. Hills in fourth gear now, priceless! :) (not much space for an intercooler!)
View attachment 2105123
I know it's been awhile since your post. I have a BJ73 that I turbo'd and have it dumping into the stock exhaust system. I have fuel set for a little smoke similar to factory non-turbo amount. It's enough fuel to get me about 12-13PSI max boost. On a 0-100K run with the AC going on a mild incline(freeway onramp) I can hit 700C. Trying to run 65-70MPH with the AC on my EGT's can go over 700C on uphills. Level ground I'm 400-500C at 100K.................In your post you said that increasing exhaust size decreased your EGT substantially. Is that correct?? Not some other change? If yes I will consider that prior to trying to intercool. I really want to drive the speed limit while not subjecting my engine to harsh EGT's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom