3B - Whistle coming from engine and leaking coolant behind intake mainfold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brains trust - I have a couple of questions that I would love to get to the bottom of.
Unfortunately I do not have an image as I type this however I can update later today if needed.

I have a faint high pitch whistle occurring from the engine when coasting in gear with foot off the throttle.
When I accelerate it disappears. At idle in neutral it does not happen.
I purchased the engine recently and the owner had replaced with new intake manifold gasket, so could there be a chance the new gasket was damaged in the process?

This brings me to my next question...

There is an ever so slight coolant leak (only a few drops) coming from behind the intake manifold, but is a bit hard to pin point exactly where.
I understand that on some engines the gasket here seals coolant - would this be the case for 3Bs and the damaged gasket could be allowing a slight leak?

Any info would be much appreciated!

The 3B intake manifold gasket does NOT seal any coolant passages. For a coolant leak in that area you could consider the Oil Cooler cover may have corroded or the gasket failed, or a welch plug in the head has failed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom