3B vs 13BT vs 2LTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gud day folks, i've been looking for a 2/3door 70 series cruiser and came up with 3 choices. i'll be using it as a daily driver(city) with occassional fourwheeling.
ive had a pretty bad experience with my 4/5 door LJ78 with a 2LTE. i had it replaced with a 1KZ-TE. what can you say regarding the 3B on a 5speed manual and a 13BT on a 5speed manual against a 2LTE ? consumption ?
the LJ71 with 2LTE is a comfortable ride but i can always convert the front of the 70 series into coilsprings.:D
any suggestions guys?

yes go for the 13bt much better and it is easier to go to a coil set up.
or if you are happy with the 1kze conversion you can always do another or put a 3l head on the 71. the 1kze has the pretty well the same power as the 13bt.
i have a lj78 with a 3l head on the 2lte no problema
i also have a 89 bj74 with 13bt mint in storage right now
very curious about the 1kze
aaron

The B (and H ) diesels are what puT diesel landcruisers on the map as well as their trucks and buses.
Im sure if there was ever a nuclear holocaust someone would have an old B (or H ) diesel running on bio fuel somewhere:D

thanks for the reply folks. seems that the 3B engine is not that popular. i'll be looking at the 13BT rig today. i hope to make a good deal.
re: the 1KZ-TE, yes i am very satisfied with the motor thou its been just 3 days driving it on 39 degree centrigrade weather here. engine temp remains at its 84-86 degree even when driving. its quite scary to drive a rig on 235/80/16 with 2 inch lift at 110-120kph. :D

thanks for the reply folks. seems that the 3B engine is not that popular. i'll be looking at the 13BT rig today. i hope to make a good deal.
re: the 1KZ-TE, yes i am very satisfied with the motor thou its been just 3 days driving it on 39 degree centrigrade weather here. engine temp remains at its 84-86 degree even when driving. its quite scary to drive a rig on 235/80/16 with 2 inch lift at 110-120kph. :D

thanks if the 3l head conversion goes after my warranty is up i will be getting the1kz-te keep us informed about it
re: 13bt if in good shape it is pretty easy to get a tremendous amount of power out of them or better yet keep it stock
aaron

The 3B engine is the best of the bunch:cool: , but because it's way less powerful than the 13BT (turbo version of the 3B), it gets treated like the government mule. The 3B and 13BT are great motors, the 3B can be turbo-charged through the aftermarket, so if you can find one at a great price, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom